Amateur Clubs' Grounds for Optimism

Dev

twitter.com/craigneukafc/status/1382610534164467714

The club are continuing to work hard in our attempts to develop our home park, The Humph. The talks with the council are at an advanced stage but we need financial assistance to get things over the line. https://gofund.me/cc423e7f Please like, share and donate if you can.

EU-5_AKJ_bigger.jpg

Replying to
First donation received from Councillor Duffy has been a huge help in our work towards developing our home park. Thank you for your generosity and support

Thumbs up

mToDwp1F_bigger.jpg

Replying to
Yous thought of lotto bonus ball ?

EU-5_AKJ_bigger.jpg

Yes mate, we’ll be arranging other fundraisers to help with the running costs of the club. The Go Fund Me page is solely to fund the development of the humph.

Any other Amateurs working on improvements? Improving your pitch, changing facilities, adding more teams, new pathways for youngsters to progress through to the adult sides, etc etc. Let others know about your good works here to improve the Amateur game.

Edited by Dev

• 3 weeks later...

Linton Hotspur have recently built a wee enclosure (which you can just about make out if you scrunch up your eyes on this picture).

Since that picture was taken they have added some cladding, so it's now properly roofed and enclosed.

Something else is happening to the clubhouse too. Not quite sure what yet, but some works are being undertaken currently.

It's an excellent facility now, pitch is in good condition, all looking really smart. Looking forward to taking in a game soon - it's my local team now.
IMG_20210318_185834.jpeg

Good to see.
Any idea how they're doing on the pitch? Any good?
Are they still in the Third Division of the LEA?
To be honest, I don't really follow their results closely. They were in a lower tier, that much I know.

I've only been to a handful of games so far, always enjoyable high-scoring games. Add a pie and a pint from the clubhouse, and the ability to walk home after the game, it makes for a good alternative if I can't get away to another game that day.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6 May 2021 at 19:43, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Linton Hotspur have recently built a wee enclosure (which you can just about make out if you scrunch up your eyes on this picture).

Since that picture was taken they have added some cladding, so it's now properly roofed and enclosed.

Something else is happening to the clubhouse too. Not quite sure what yet, but some works are being undertaken currently.

It's an excellent facility now, pitch is in good condition, all looking really smart. Looking forward to taking in a game soon - it's my local team now.
IMG_20210318_185834.jpeg

Where exactly in the middle of nowhere is it?

Where exactly in the middle of nowhere is it?
If you mean where in my picture, I did say scrunch your eyes up!

If you mean where located - it's on the moor road east of West Linton. At the very bottom right edge of this map. You can see the edge of the village to the left. Main Edinburgh Biggar Road up top.
Screenshot_20210525_230159_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpeg

• 1 month later...