Livingston fc not in europe next season.

18 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Please please break down your theory on why we shouldn't get a UEFA licence pal.

Don’t particularly feel like going into detail for you when you’ll just go “lol shite.”

The “Break Even Requirement” is what you want to go look up.   

24 minutes ago, stressball said:

Don’t particularly feel like going into detail for you when you’ll just go “lol shite.”

The “Break Even Requirement” is what you want to go look up.   

Look up the actual conditions on what can be covered by shareholders and what kind of spending can be written off as investment. Or keep believing it's all a conspiracy :lol:

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

So, the exact thing we've done for 5 years? We haven't made a loss since League 1 pre-COVID. Our annual turnover is 1m per year, we got 1.5m up front for Dykes.

Not only have we broke even every year since then, we've reduced the debt from 1.5m/2m to 400k (which has been agreed to be settled with Nixon) so we're basically debt free too

He's talking about Rangers. The OP is a pile of shite though and Livi will definitely get to play in Europe if they qualify.

Edited by DMCs

45 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Moonhowler.

There's been extensions issued to all the relevant factors due to COVID. The only thing we're currently falling foul of is having no academy which we were going to set up this year (pre-COVID plans). There was issues in the past regarding the facilities, which have been upgraded like the dugouts.

Nothing is confirmed regarding our license for 21/22 and even if it failed under current standards we can appeal it based on COVID being an influencing factor (as it is with the lack of an academy). I'm not sure what qualifies as a youth academy but we still have a reserve side that's filled mainly by youngsters. 

So the BBC article about it last week was nonsense then?

5 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Look up the actual conditions on what can be covered by shareholders and what kind of spending can be written off as investment. Or keep believing it's all a conspiracy :lol:

Never once said it was a conspiracy.

Rangers were granted special dispensation for a license in the 16/17 season.

Edited by stressball

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

So the BBC article about it last week was nonsense then?

Pretty much, it's just causing panic for minimal reasons. It was a story when it first got denied, and we've made active moves to rectify it. The big issue then was stadium condition and we've lumped a lot of money into fixing it

Just now, ATLIS said:

Pretty much, it's just causing panic for minimal reasons. It was a story when it first got denied, and we've made active moves to rectify it. The big issue then was stadium condition and we've lumped a lot of money into fixing it

I've been a few times in recent seasons, never noticed it being in a bad state. Not that I was going around inspecting it though!

I did find that a youth system being a requirement for European football a bit odd as well. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I've been a few times in recent seasons, never noticed it being in a bad state. Not that I was going around inspecting it though!

I did find that a youth system being a requirement for European football a bit odd as well. 

A lot of the regulations are flippant and thrown away for clubs if they’re of financial gain to the tournament.

I’m also certain the wee guy that drafted the rules has been on a permanent holiday.

Even if Livi get the paperwork sorted out, Davy boy's ankle tag will be going haywire through airport security on their way to lose to Norma Tallinn's phoenix club in the new Wintertoto Cup.
Every time I hear Martindale speak I get a vision of Methadone Mick.

3 hours ago, DMCs said:

Please please break down your theory on why we shouldn't get a UEFA licence pal.

I would’ve guessed a Rangers fan was completely aware of the policy considering you finished 3rd in 2012 but didn’t 

checks notes

yes didn’t play in Europe the following season. Why was that again? 

2 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Our old dugouts used to basically just be a hole in the ground with a roof over it, we upgraded it to this: See the source image

I think the North and South stand didn't have any facilities either including toilets as we'd only ever used the old small away section and main stand. That's been fully refurbished. 

I think the previous denial (and what people have been talking about here as it was the last time we applied) was the season we got promoted as we needed to have some form of application done. We've never made a proper and serious attempt at attaining the license as it was never likely we'd need it. I wonder how UEFA would look at us just turning our reserves into a youth academy.

That's why for me, it's a non-story. The accounts has already been given an extension, and we've been quietly making strides to fulfil the criteria for years

Edited by ATLIS

47 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I would’ve guessed a Rangers fan was completely aware of the policy considering you finished 3rd in 2012 but didn’t 

checks notes

yes didn’t play in Europe the following season. Why was that again? 

Weren't granted a licence for the 2012/2013 season in April 2012 is why.

On 15/04/2021 at 11:00, Lucky bamboo said:

Fact. LFC will not play in europe  next season  because of the no production of 20/21 accounts.  

1. Can someone tell me why please? 

2. Why have they not been produced? 

3. What the problem is? 

4. What is the names of the Auditors and Accountants responsible for this? 

5. Who at the club is responsible for not submitting and ultimately denying our club the right to play in europe should we achieve the desired position in the league? 

1. You sign up to forum... <check>

2. You create a poorly thought-out username and omit capitalisation on all but the first word... <check>

3. Determined to share the thought that has just entered your head (before you sneeze/fart and it suddenly disappears) you forget to choose a personalised avatar... <check>

4. Barely able to contain your quivering glee, you bang out your first post with one grimy forefinger, tongue lolling from mouth, erection slowly sprouting within a dark and gloomy pair of tracksuit bottoms... <check>

5. You press 'submit'... <check>

6. You wait for the frothy-mouthed denizens of P&B to writhe and wriggle in fury... <check>

7. You gawk, open mouthed and weeping, as they completely ignore you and argue with one of the many faceless and uninteresting Sevco fans who have suddenly popped up in the last few months... <check>

8. Your smartphone is confiscated, for the fifteenth time, by one of the guards at Carstairs... <check>

Edited by The Other Foot