The Jim McIntyre Memorial Trophy Match for 2nd worst Recent Dundee Manager - ICT v Dundee - 20th April

3 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

For me the ref clearly awards the goal but I spotted the assistant was standing stalk still. He goes over has a chat and I presume based on the assistant chalked it off. Not the refs fault from that - no idea what the assistant saw.

It was odd because the assistant took a step towards the half-way line, stopped, then ran towards the half-way line.

The referee then went over for a chat and offside was given. 

Nobody is offside here:

1152335162_Screenshot2021-04-21at10_11_05.thumb.png.150c0a46ae970f3965a0adba6e3604ac.png

And if they are here, it's incredibly tight (there's an Inverness player tucked in behind Fontaine that may or may not be playing Cummings onside) and the sort of thing a linesman would give immediately if they thought it was offside - certainly not deserving of a discussion with the ref:

Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 10.11.46.png

It's also worth noting how far behind play the linesman is on that screenshot.

The only thing I can think of is that the linesman thought that Cummings was in an offside position, but also that the header came off the Inverness player. The referee told him it didn't, so offside was given. 

Edited by The Master

With Afolabi on over £4,000 a week and Charlie Adam on a couple of thousand a week plus an annual player wage bill of £1.2 Million you would expect Dundee to do better against nine men on a lot less money. I'm sure that is what the American owners will be thinking so no doubt there will be casualties if you don't get promotion.
LolWUT [emoji23]

I've listened to Neil McCann and his fair report on the game.

He agrees with James McPake that the red cards were not justified.

He agrees with the hoi polloi of p&b that that the Dundee goal was onside 

He agrees with my view on Adam with regard to the Allardice sending off and whereas I'm in the position to call it honestly, McCann had to use the euphemism that Adam "played the game". Really, Adam should have a look in the mirror and convince himself that his behaviour is worth the loss of reputation.

Edited by sophia

23 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That ref was desperate for Dundee to win. Fucking dirty c**t.

20 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Right about here. Not the best photo, especially with the Dundee player in the way but he is swinging his right foot round to try and clear the ball. I know Ive screen shotted with the left foot off the ground but it isn’t in a forward motion towards the player.

I don’t think it was a foul but based on the picture of the disallowed Dundee goal it looks like that should have stood too, so I’m not trying to suggest the ref has been horrendous for just us.

520EDE46-C752-4DDD-B9CC-A647C1927645.png

You can’t both be correct gentlemen.  

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

No surprises that the Scott Allardice red card has been overturned.

They quite obviously took a view on the part played by Adam and I use the ward played with a mocking distain, into account. Only the naive or subjective would seek to unfairly traduce the officials.

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

They quite obviously took a view on the part played by Adam and I use the ward played with a mocking distain, into account. Only the naive or subjective would seek to unfairly traduce the officials.

Ho ho.......

Charlie Adam in shock Rangers reveal as he confesses to cheering against  his employers at Hampden - Daily Record

McPake saying he spoke to Crawford Allan and that he was apologetic about the goal that was chopped off as well.

Looks like Roncone's performance hasn't went down well with his superiors.

ETA: He's on Cowden vs Brechin this weekend. 

Edited by Ludo*1