Alloa v Rovers

The standard of refereeing here is abysmal. Unusually we got the benefit of it today, but there needs to be some independent body to hold them to account.  At present they can behave with impunity.

Edited by Raith_Raver

Watched the game today and if it was a penalty it was of the soft variety and never a red card for the goalkeeper. Thankful that luck went our way today and have to feel sorry for Alloa getting relegated. Hope you guys can bounce right back up again. Lastly I have to say the coverage from Alloa TV was very good and the guys commenting were fairly fair in their view of the game. 

28 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Watched the game today and if it was a penalty it was of the soft variety and never a red card for the goalkeeper. Thankful that luck went our way today and have to feel sorry for Alloa getting relegated. Hope you guys can bounce right back up again. Lastly I have to say the coverage from Alloa TV was very good and the guys commenting were fairly fair in their view of the game. 

Watched both the games at Alloa and the commentators were fantastic in both games, glad to hear from them that they will be supporting us in the playoffs. Really sad that you guys were relegated today but I hope you bounce back very quickly, at the expense of falkirk would be the icing on the cake, all the best for the next campaign where hopefully fans will be back in the grounds.

Edited, the red card was a fucking joke BTW, defo a pen but never a red

Edited by keyser_soze

I'm not sure how some players don't lose the plot altogether  with decisions like that against them, soft penalty but to say its violent conduct for the sending off is an  excuse made up on the spot, referee's need to made accountable for these decisions and this one has loads of previous,  all if's and buts but whose to say that decision did finally cost alloa relegation, although in reality it was over before that. Good luck to raith rovers in the play offs 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Thanks to the Raith TV guys who were a massive help to the streaming today. Enjoyed comparing notes on who the good guys are in the league. For the record Raith are one of the good guys. Hope you  go up in the playoffs.

Thanks for having us! Good luck for next season.

Have to admit, I’ll miss Alloa, they really didn’t deserve that red card and especially as they fought valiantly against relegation. But alas it was Raith Rovers that handed it to them. The Commentary team and their Cameramen were graceful and the best of luck to you next season. Do us a favour and get back up quickly 

Well, the inevitable for a few weeks was confirmed today in typical, cruel fashion. Sums up our season perfectly.

Appreciate the comments from both sets of supporters on the coverage, means a lot. Cheers everyone! Work that goes on behind the scenes is manic for me to watch at times but what a job they do. I have the easy bit of sticking the mic on and chatting away. Raith have been a breath of fresh air in this division and meant what I said on comm’s that I do hope you go the distance. 

Alloa showed why people give us the plaudits at times today. Dug deep at ten men showing that never-say-die attitude that we’ve seen more of in the past. Cawley’s goal was a beauty from build-up to finish. We looked a lot more natural in our 4-2-3-1 formation.

Unfortunately, moments of madness has killed us yet again. Uncharacteristic mistake from Taggart putting us on the back foot. We work hard for our goals and we’ve gifted far too many to the opposition. Can’t go into games at home needing to score three to win, it’s not like Alloa teams to ship so many. We get the double whammy of losing Neilly too, which was a blow. Big part of that blow was disrupting the flow of the midfield where I thought Trouten, Cawley and Scougall were linking up well. Sums up Scougall’s season that he had to be sacrificed. We dug deep though like I said and we really should have at least drawn, if not won that game, with the chances we had at ten men. Just not ruthless enough in both boxes.

I don’t think tonight on the day we get relegated it’s worth going into detail who’s to go, who’s to stay and all that stuff. That’ll come in the next few weeks and it’s obviously going to involve some big decisions for the manager and the squad. It may be that we are seeing the end of an era, if so what an era it has been. So many good memories and moments with that squad of players and still when things have been rotten on and off the park this season, they’ve given their all. I do still believe we have a good core to work with next year and we don’t need to rip it up and start again. However, a conversation for another day. 

A disappointing end to a season that I can’t wait to be over. Like Brian said in the commentary, regardless of the outcome this season, it will be forgotten quickly if we can get back winning games with the fans in the ground. That’s all I want for next year!

I have massive respect for Alloa. For years now they've been a beacon of stability and how a club can routinely go beyond perceived expectations (As opposed to my own club barring the last couple of years). 

I'm not saying relegation means all this stops you understand, but it does seem a bit of a watershed moment for your club. I absolutely  hope you can continue in the same vein.  

Edited by pantene pro-V

With any three of Falkirk, Partick,  Cove, and  probably one of Morton or Ayr it's going to be extra hard to get out of the First Division next season.
I'm glad we're safe 🥵

Surely the mighty Falkirk are storming League One after they would totally have chased us down last season had the league continued [emoji848]

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

Well, the inevitable for a few weeks was confirmed today in typical, cruel fashion. Sums up our season perfectly.

Appreciate the comments from both sets of supporters on the coverage, means a lot. Cheers everyone! Work that goes on behind the scenes is manic for me to watch at times but what a job they do. I have the easy bit of sticking the mic on and chatting away. Raith have been a breath of fresh air in this division and meant what I said on comm’s that I do hope you go the distance. 

Alloa showed why people give us the plaudits at times today. Dug deep at ten men showing that never-say-die attitude that we’ve seen more of in the past. Cawley’s goal was a beauty from build-up to finish. We looked a lot more natural in our 4-2-3-1 formation.

Unfortunately, moments of madness has killed us yet again. Uncharacteristic mistake from Taggart putting us on the back foot. We work hard for our goals and we’ve gifted far too many to the opposition. Can’t go into games at home needing to score three to win, it’s not like Alloa teams to ship so many. We get the double whammy of losing Neilly too, which was a blow. Big part of that blow was disrupting the flow of the midfield where I thought Trouten, Cawley and Scougall were linking up well. Sums up Scougall’s season that he had to be sacrificed. We dug deep though like I said and we really should have at least drawn, if not won that game, with the chances we had at ten men. Just not ruthless enough in both boxes.

I don’t think tonight on the day we get relegated it’s worth going into detail who’s to go, who’s to stay and all that stuff. That’ll come in the next few weeks and it’s obviously going to involve some big decisions for the manager and the squad. It may be that we are seeing the end of an era, if so what an era it has been. So many good memories and moments with that squad of players and still when things have been rotten on and off the park this season, they’ve given their all. I do still believe we have a good core to work with next year and we don’t need to rip it up and start again. However, a conversation for another day. 

A disappointing end to a season that I can’t wait to be over. Like Brian said in the commentary, regardless of the outcome this season, it will be forgotten quickly if we can get back winning games with the fans in the ground. That’s all I want for next year!

Was an absolute pleasure listening to you guys today and back on Boxing Day (was also very helpful we took 6 points from the 2 games) You guys are up with the best in the league for fair and unbiased commentry (I'd like to include Raith TV also). Unfortunately next weekend we have Dundee away, seriously hope they have replaced the pair of neds that commentated 1st time round.

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Surely the mighty Falkirk are storming League One after they would totally have chased us down last season had the league continued emoji848.png

Tremendous scenes if either of Cove or Partick beat them to the title on a superior goal difference. 

44 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Excellent interview with McGlynn where he describes Alloa as the best bottom of the league team hes seen and not in a condescending way

We have certainly played better football than the majority of sides who have finished bottom and we have been competitive in the main. But we have conceded so many crazy goals and too often we have also lacked a cutting edge to take advantage of our possession. As such, we deserve to be relegated. 

We'll need to see what happens over the next few weeks in regards to the squad. If we were able to maintain a core of influential players and add 3 or 4 strong signings in the right positions then we'd be well placed. Then again, if a number of that core move on then we're looking at a big rebuild. 

Today was actually one of the very few games I haven't seen this season as ended up taking the chance to see my parents for the first time since August. Fitting in a way to be sitting having a beer with my Dad as Alloa's fate was sealed after missing a season of seeing him for the football on a Saturday. Really hope we're back at the Recs in August. 

All the best to Raith in the play-offs. In a season when a few sides in the league have been less than the sum of their parts they really stand out and have been enjoyable to watch whenever I've seen them. Top effort and hopefully they can finish the job. 

Edited by Waspie

On 16/04/2021 at 09:36, R.R.FC said:

That is grim. At least they’ll be fresh for the play offs right!?

On the reasonable assumption that none of the above make it, I guess we are looking at the following:

MacDonald

Tumilty    
Davidson
Bene     
Armstrong

King   
Spencer    
Hendry

Tait   
Ugwu     
Kennedy

BTW, solid call (even if most named themselves).

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

BTW, solid call (even if most named themselves).

Your quote missed off my correct score prediction of 2-1 Rovers at the bottom of my post too! But yeah, you are right, the team pretty much picked itself due to the players missing. Hopefully a few of them back for next week.

22 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Looking at the highlights, was Parry's sending off due to a 'studs up, 2 footed challenge'?

Someone from Alloa said the referee deemed it 'violent conduct'. 

I honestly thought at the time it was a penalty, but nothing more. 

5 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Someone from Alloa said the referee deemed it 'violent conduct'. 

I honestly thought at the time it was a penalty, but nothing more. 

Watching the highlights, I see a penalty and, perhaps, a yellow.