Alloa v Rovers

That was utterly rotten. I'm absolutely delighted. 

We had about 15 minutes over the full 90 where we looked somewhat threatening against a team who had a point to prove despite the odds being stacked against them. We were comically bad at the back at times with Davidson in particular having a brutal game after his sublime performance on Tuesday. Still, we did what we needed to do which is why we're second in the league with two games left. We've played a lot of football this season which has been easy on the eye but McGlynn has definitely helped them develop a win at all costs mentality in games like today and Tuesday. We've probably had about 4 or 5 chances spread across the two games and yet taken six points. 

Special mentions to Ugwu and Hendry for their persistence to win the penalty. I thought they did brilliantly to force Alloa into a position where the referee had to make a decision. 

Best of luck to Alloa moving forwards. When I looked at their squad at the start of the season, there's quite a lot of lads like Parry, Graham, Cawley and Trouten who can all be game changes on their day. Whether it's with Grant or a new manager, it'll be a big rebuilding job. I've enjoyed both streams they've put on for us fans when we've played. 

That was the sort of game we would have meekly lost in the past. To dig it out and hang on for the win was tremendous. Jamie MacDonald saved us at the end. 

Securing a play-off with two games to spare is a magnificent achievement. Would never have imagined that at the start of the season and playing the type of football we have at times. Incredible.  Would love to push on and secure second place both for the financial side of things and for the game less in the play-offs, but regardless of what happens from here on in, this season has been a triumph.  

That was the sort of game we would have meekly lost in the past. To dig it out and hang on for the win was tremendous. Jamie MacDonald saved us at the end. 

Securing a play-off with two games to spare is a magnificent achievement. Would never have imagined that at the start of the season and playing the type of football we have at times. Incredible.  Would love to push on and secure second place both for the financial side of things and for the game less in the play-offs, but regardless of what happens from here on in, this season has been a triumph.  

This season has been unbelievable and the best season since probably the 90s. 99% of Rovers fans would have taken 8th place before a ball was kicked. We’ve played some of the best football I’ve seen Rovers play (not today obviously[emoji23]) and genuinely have some exciting players. The only negative is the Pandemic. I’d loved to have seen how big the crowds would have been this season playing great football and winning games. We’re into the playoffs and have a great chance of nicking second. John McGlynn, the coach’s, the board and everyone involved including the fans who’ve dug deep during this period have done brilliantly to get us here. Can we do the impossible? Who knows but it’s been an unbelievable season to watch.

Poor performance, but ground the result out.  If you want to be successful, you have to do that.

Alloa fought until the end - fair play.  Easy to let the heads go down when you are down to 10 men and a goal down, whilst staring relegation in the face, but they kept going.  They play some nice football, but dont have enough quality at either end of the pitch really.

Good days work. 

On 15/04/2021 at 09:42, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

If we want second (which in both financial terms and giving us a far better chance of promotion terms is really vital), we just have to win. Dundee are up at ICT on Tuesday, meaning we win and they get a draw/defeat, a draw will do us at Dens for second. Really don't want to be needing anything off Hearts on the last day.

With the 12pm kick off, it is going to be either 1) a brutal hangover on Sunday as celebration beers start much earlier or 2) the longest Saturday afternoon/evening of all time wallowing. Mon option 1!

Funeral for HTC at 12pm next Saturday because I’m not a massive p***k and want everyone to the enjoy the 3pm kick off at Dens. 

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

That was a hard watch, very tough on Alloa who deserved much better than they got.  
Ok so we were missing 5 first team starters but that was a nervy, tired and generally poor performance.

Hope Dundee draw their next two games, or better still lose em.

Thanks to the Raith TV guys who were a massive help to the streaming today. Enjoyed comparing notes on who the good guys are in the league. For the record Raith are one of the good guys. Hope you  go up in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Thanks to the Raith TV guys who were a massive help to the streaming today. Enjoyed comparing notes on who the good guys are in the league. For the record Raith are one of the good guys. Hope you  go up in the playoffs.

Class!👍

Our guys are superb in what they do, and have done for a few years now. They've really upped the stakes since Covid started.

All the best for a quick return. You didn't deserve to be relegated today on that showing, however we all know it is over the course of a season that counts.☹️

12 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Ya big sook!

2 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Disappointing to official go down but it’s not today that’s caused that.

Think the big argument at the penalty was the Alloa players feeling Taggs was fouled once or twice (Heatherington was fouled around 88 mins and you can see his reaction to the ref essentially saying that’s exactly what happened before the penalty), but to be fair he has to just get the ball lumped up the park out of danger. Couple of times he tried to over play things at the back today. As for the red card, total nonsense of a decision. Linesman seemed to be heavily involved with the decision but can’t really see why?!

Ref seemed to lose the plot a little after that with a few strange decisions - thought the yellow for Duku for handball was really harsh considering he was nudged in to it.

Well worked goal for what turned out to be the winner and I feared we were heading for a pasting from there. Credit to the Alloa team though they really had a go from there and finished out the better team from there.

Not sure what was going on at the back in the last 20 mins for Raith but they seemed totally all over the place and then definitely kept us in with a chance.

Chance of a penalty when Trouts hit the post, but the big one was when Cameron went through. Great save from MacDonald but Cameron has to score.

Congratulations on making the playoffs though, that’s a fantastic achievement having just came up. Although you may not have had your best performances in the games against us this year, I’ve felt that you have been a good watch, and there’s definitely a lot of exciting young creative players in that team.

Greg Aitken is the king of absolutely bizarre decisions to be fair.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/2033831/they-do-not-understand-football-caley-thistle-blast-scottish-fa-disciplinary-panel-for-upholding-james-keatings-red-card/

I would assume the club would appeal it?

Especially after the downgrading of the QoS reds against us.

Just now, Kevchenko said:

I would assume the club would appeal it?

Especially after the downgrading of the QoS reds against us.

I certainly spoke to the secretary, showed him it and told him that it shouldn't be a red card. I'll need to message him  that he was sent off for violent conduct on Ugwu because he wasn't going for the ball. That's what the manager was told.

When I spoke to the secretary we weren't sure if Neil Parry had threatened to kill the ref and his family. ( /sarcasm ) but that's the only thing Aitken could have used to produce a straight red after that incident.