Dons v Livvy, 17/4/21 5.30pm (probably)

resk

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Holt should never go near a Livi top again, absolute shite every week. Devlin is getting close to it. Fitzwater having one of nightmare games again today too.

JET putting in his performance of the season for us

That's a minter of a statement. He's comfortably one of our best players. Does a lot of the donkey work like Marv but has the legs. I think recently he's been trying to play more like Marv and win the cheap fouls by holding the ball longer and he's no very good at it. He was outstanding earlier in the season when he was taking the ball to feet and moving it forward quickly. Devlin was poor today and has been so up and down this season. McMillan looked impressive coming on so I'd like to see us give him a few games ahead of Devlin.

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:

That's a minter of a statement. He's comfortably one of our best players. Does a lot of the donkey work like Marv but has the legs. I think recently he's been trying to play more like Marv and win the cheap fouls by holding the ball longer and he's no very good at it. He was outstanding earlier in the season when he was taking the ball to feet and moving it forward quickly. Devlin was poor today and has been so up and down this season. McMillan looked impressive coming on so I'd like to see us give him a few games ahead of Devlin.

Whenever I see him, he's slowing the play down and passing backwards. Gives away fouls constantly, fair enough he breaks up the play but he's a liability in the middle. He does the same job Bartley does, only worse. I don't even think he does have the legs, he's hardly any faster than Bartley is. 

So many games Holt goes missing and is at fault for chances being given away. I feel like is Jason Holt's head, he thinks he's the best player in the squad but he's absolutely stinking. Does very little in positive ball progression and seems to lose the ball so regularly

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Mcinnes always said it's a skill. To be fair to the dons can't remember the last time we lost one

MIssed every penalty against Hearts st Tynecastle last season. Horrific evening.

3 hours ago, resk said:

Pre-Deek - Dunfermline, Queen's Park, possibly Raith Rovers (?), then going back a bit Hibs knocked us out of cups on penalties.  In the Hibs match we had Michael Watt in goals and they had Jimmer - only one way that was going TBH.  

ETA The Dons of course hold the dubious distinction of being the first team to be knocked out of a European competition on penalties - by Honved in the ECWC in 1970.  

f**k that  I'm still traumatised v Dynamo in 19Oatcake, with GOD hitting one of the most awful pens of all time.  

I consider todays win as one of the greatest achievements of modern society.

So in summary, get fvkked you Livvi kunts!

Yours, thank fvck, we squeaked it.

aDONis

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Whenever I see him, he's slowing the play down and passing backwards. Gives away fouls constantly, fair enough he breaks up the play but he's a liability in the middle. He does the same job Bartley does, only worse. I don't even think he does have the legs, he's hardly any faster than Bartley is. 

So many games Holt goes missing and is at fault for chances being given away. I feel like is Jason Holt's head, he thinks he's the best player in the squad but he's absolutely stinking. Does very little in positive ball progression and seems to lose the ball so regularly

Totally  agree, couldn't put it better myself,slows the game down,losses the ball in dangerous positions,cant pass unless  it's about 5 feet from another player,even then he over hits it

Bartley is also a liability, trying to break up play,static, and constant fouling,can't pass, he's lost his defensive ability,slows the game down.

Fizzywater gets all tangled  up in defence ,can't read the game as a defender, can't tackle gets caught out of position ever game

Pittman done nothing all game,his ball control was bad,panics then treats the ball like a live hand grenade.

Livi can't  keep playing with midfielders being static, and 
slowing the game down

Jet,Sibbald,Forrest,Stryjek,were the stand outs

OI would like to dissect the Livingston penalty yesterday.

Did Campbell touch Thomas’ foot? - Yes.

Was it a foul? - Of course it wasn’t.

Therefore, was it a penalty? - Of course it wasn’t.

Anyone who says differently lives in the world of the likes of James McFadden, who thinks it is acceptable for a tank like Thomas to dive to the ground when he gets the merest touch on his body. The equivalent would be shopping in the high street and when someone going past you brushes up against you, you fall to the pavement looking up to see if there is a policeman around to arrest the person who touched you.

Edited by kingjoey

Was out in the hills yesterday so missed the game live. Watched on RedTV later on when they were put up. Must say I enjoyed that. Signs of intent with the amount of forward movement, as well as some good individual performances. I think that's Campbell's best game yet. So controlled, and sure under pressure. Consi was magic as well.

Nothing against Livingston, but enjoyed seeing justice done at the end. Thomas blatantly cheated, and in the end got what he deserved; f**k all.

It was also glorious seeing the weasel faced *** f**k it for his team.

2 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Was out in the hills yesterday so missed the game live. Watched on RedTV later on when they were put up. Must say I enjoyed that. Signs of intent with the amount of forward movement, as well as some good individual performances. I think that's Campbell's best game yet. So controlled, and sure under pressure. Consi was magic as well.

Nothing against Livingston, but enjoyed seeing justice done at the end. Thomas blatantly cheated, and in the end got what he deserved; f**k all.

It was also glorious seeing the weasel faced *** f**k it for his team.

Tommy Hoban should’ve been sent off, so wouldn’t quite say it was justice with that

14 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

That's a minter of a statement. He's comfortably one of our best players. Does a lot of the donkey work like Marv but has the legs. I think recently he's been trying to play more like Marv and win the cheap fouls by holding the ball longer and he's no very good at it. He was outstanding earlier in the season when he was taking the ball to feet and moving it forward quickly. 

He got the ball taken off him at least 4 times yesterday but I agree with your general 'minter' assessment. Probably needs a spell out the team after some bad recent form. 

Mullin in with Sibbald in the middle or Diani as a straight swap.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Anyone who says differently lives in the world of the likes of James McFadden, who thinks it is acceptable for a tank like Thomas to dive to the ground when he gets the merest touch on his body. The equivalent would be shopping in the high street and when someone going past you brushes up against you, you fall to the pavement looking up to see if there is a policeman around to arrest the person who touched you.

JET was saying that Campbell admitted to him that he caught him. May have missed it but it didn't seem like he protested too much either? You could hear the hard contact over the pitch side mics.

Would have to look at it again but didn't think it was a dive.

Edit: Just watched it again, Campbell boots JET's foot. How on earth anyone can greet about that being a penalty is beyond me. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

35 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

JET was saying that Campbell admitted to him that he caught him. May have missed it but it didn't seem like he protested too much either? You could hear the hard contact over the pitch side mics.

Edit: Just watched it again, Campbell boots JET's foot. How on earth anyone can greet about that being a penalty is beyond me. 

If you read my post again, you will see that Campbell does touch, with the emphasis on “touch”, Thomas’ foot, but it is the merest of touches and most certainly not a foul.  Campbell couldn’t protest too much because he had his head in his hands in disbelief. You do realise that Ferguson was booked for his protests? If you don’t think that it’s a dive, in other words falling over when you aren’t knocked off balance, you would enjoy a nice chat with James McFadden. 

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I'd be checking for my wallet, watch & car keys in that situation...

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

If you read my post again, you will see that Campbell does touch, with the emphasis on “touch”, Thomas’ foot, but it is the merest of touches and most certainly not a foul.  Campbell couldn’t protest too much because he had his head in his hands in disbelief. You do realise that Ferguson was booked for his protests? If you don’t think that it’s a dive, in other words falling over when you aren’t knocked off balance, you would enjoy a nice chat with James McFadden. 

Campbell had a big swipe at the ball and completely missed it and he kicked JETs foot with a decent bit of force.

It wasn't like the contact was incidental it was a mistimed tackle.

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Campbell had a big swipe at the ball and completely missed it and he kicked JETs foot with a decent bit of force.

It wasn't like the contact was incidental it was a mistimed tackle.

I'm happy to agree with my favourite pundit,  Michael Stewart. 

13 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I didn't hear what Michael Stewart said so who can really say what his opinion was.

If you had been watching and listening to today's Stranraer v Hibs match, you would have heard him saying that the Livingston penalty was never a penalty. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

As Sportscene asked tonight....'is that the softest penalty ever awarded, or what' ? 

It was ridiculous. As is any support of the decision.