Dons v Livvy, 17/4/21 5.30pm (probably)

resk

8 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Campbell had a big swipe at the ball and completely missed it and he kicked JETs foot with a decent bit of force.

It wasn't like the contact was incidental it was a mistimed tackle.

Exactly this. Can't believe that Michael Stewart (and others) saw a replay and thought it was a light touch.  

It's a foul regardless of where it takes place on the pitch and who was kicked. Whether JET is big or not is irrelevant. 

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

If you read my post again, you will see that Campbell does touch, with the emphasis on “touch”, Thomas’ foot, but it is the merest of touches and most certainly not a foul.  Campbell couldn’t protest too much because he had his head in his hands in disbelief. You do realise that Ferguson was booked for his protests? If you don’t think that it’s a dive, in other words falling over when you aren’t knocked off balance, you would enjoy a nice chat with James McFadden. 

24 seconds. He leathers JET's right foot. You can hear the solid contact at 3 seconds. 

Don't agree with your assessment of Campbell's reaction either. He knows he's made an arse of it hence why his head is in his hands.

9 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Exactly this. Can't believe that Michael Stewart (and others) saw a replay and thought it was a light touch.  

It's a foul regardless of where it takes place on the pitch and who was kicked. Whether JET is big or not is irrelevant. 

24 seconds. He leathers JET's right foot. You can hear the solid contact at 3 seconds. 

Don't agree with your assessment of Campbell's reaction either. He knows he's made an arse of it hence why his head is in his hands.

My new favourite pundit, Shaun Maloney, assistant manager of the best country in the world, said on last night’s Sportscene that it wasn’t a penalty. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

My new favourite pundit, Shaun Maloney, assistant manager of the best country in the world, said on last night’s Sportscene that it wasn’t a penalty. 

Actually it WAS a penalty - whether of not it SHOULD have been a penalty is the question here.

When I saw it in real time I couldn't believe it was awarded.  Contact happens all over the pitch but it doesn't necessarily mean that its a foul. If we start awarding penalties for such events then surely every corner should end in a penalty and players barge and tussle with each other in the area.

Maybe from Colin Steven's view it seemed Emmanuel Thomas was scissored between two Aberdeen defenders; it certainly impeded his progress but isn't that the entire point of the game?

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 hours ago, Durnford said:

Actually it WAS a penalty - whether of not it SHOULD have been a penalty is the question here.

When I saw it in real time I couldn't believe it was awarded.  Contact happens all over the pitch but it doesn't necessarily mean that its a foul. If we start awarding penalties for such events then surely every corner should end in a penalty and players barge and tussle with each other in the area.

Maybe from Colin Steven's view it seemed Emmanuel Thomas was scissored between two Aberdeen defenders; it certainly impeded his progress but isn't that the entire point of the game?

As someone said earlier in this thread, it was the football equivalent of you walking down a busy street and someone nudges you accidentally or catches your heel.

Would you throw yourself to the ground shouting ? It's not as if he was hurtling along at full speed. He's an athlete, looks to be around 20 stone, effectively standing still, and gets a wee clip on the foot. 

Dearie me. I suspect that those claiming that was a penalty will also be the same people paying to watch Arsenal v Juventus in the new Greedy Basturds League. 

5 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

As someone said earlier in this thread, it was the football equivalent of you walking down a busy street and someone nudges you accidentally or catches your heel.

Would you throw yourself to the ground shouting ? It's not as if he was hurtling along at full speed. He's an athlete, looks to be around 20 stone, effectively standing still, and gets a wee clip on the foot. 

Dearie me. I suspect that those claiming that was a penalty will also be the same people paying to watch Arsenal v Juventus in the new Greedy Basturds League. 

I actually didn't believe it should have been a penalty. As I said every coming together isn't necessarily a foul.