Partick Thistle vs Mo- TNF - 7pm

Great performance from us, bit surprised as I genuinely felt Montrose were the best side bar Falkirk that we’d played this season. Rudden is a really valuable asset with a bit of confidence in him. Definitely the best performance of the season from the team, possibly the best performance in a few seasons in terms of the style of football we played at times. 

Over the years I have witnessed atrocious heavy defeats in the course of which Montrose have been shot to pieces, entirely lost all semblance of shape and shipped goals through clown school defending. Last night was not one of them. 

Screenshot_20210416-121414.png

On 14/04/2021 at 16:47, jagsfan57 said:

Not sure about starting rudden. He did the job against a tiring Clyde side. Unless Bell is knackered he needs to play. He came on at 1/2 time vs East Fife and we haven’t lost a goal since. 

Right about 1; Wrong about the other

Over the years I have witnessed atrocious heavy defeats in the course of which Montrose have been shot to pieces, entirely lost all semblance of shape and shipped goals through clown school defending. Last night was not one of them. 
Screenshot_20210416-121414.thumb.png.996e8636f12ab12a813a60ac416afd54.png
I agree. Strange thing to say when you've scudded a side 5-0 but I thought Montrose looked decent at times. Certainly miles better than Clyde were on Tuesday and better that either Peterhead and East Fife.

A combination of a very good, clinical, Thistle performance and the schedule catching up on Montrose probably accounts for the final score rather than any major Montrose deficiencies.

Just need some consistency now. Really surprised at the possession stats, thought we had more of the ball. Hopping I might be proved wrong about this team and made to look foolish about my negativity.

Agree with @John MacLean montrose look very good at times. For a change we were clinical.

No probs with that result. Thistle have hitnow form at the 11th hour and were a class apart. Montrose aren't a bad side but I don't think any L1 team could have coped with Thistle last night. Good luck Thistle and I hope you get promoted. 

Montrose need to put it aside and get the Killie cup game out of the way then get back to beating the teams we should be beating.

2 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

May I remind you of the 4-0 drubbing by Arbroath at home, in our first game in League 1.

Damn, I paid a small fortune to the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind crew to erase that one. 

That's probably the most enjoyable Thistle game I've watched in about 3 seasons. I didn't even think Montrose were that bad, we're finally just taking our chances which is rather good. 

Bannigan's freekick was quite lovely, really didn't expect a goal, lept off the couch like a fucking idiot to celebrate. 

7 hours ago, thistledo said:

That's probably the most enjoyable Thistle game I've watched in about 3 seasons. I didn't even think Montrose were that bad, we're finally just taking our chances which is rather good. 

Bannigan's freekick was quite lovely, really didn't expect a goal, lept off the couch like a fucking idiot to celebrate. 

Aye same, at 2-0 I felt comfortable but Montrose started the 2nd half (and the 1st half) well and looked dangerous but Banzo’s goal was game over, was jumping about saying ‘ Up Ye Up Ye Up Ye’  absolutely delighted. Got to say fair play to Montrose, looked to play fitbaw from the back and knocked it about well, after 15 mins I was thinking, who is this wee guy on the left wing Antoniazzi? Looked like a good wee player but he fell out the game after we scored.

Edited by costa

47 minutes ago, costa said:

Aye same, at 2-0 I felt comfortable but Montrose started the 2nd half (and the 1st half) well and looked dangerous but Banzo’s goal was game over, was jumping about saying ‘ Up Ye Up Ye Up Ye’  absolutely delighted. Got to say fair play to Montrose, looked to play fitbaw from the back and knocked it about well, after 15 mins I was thinking, who is this wee guy on the left wing Antoniazzi? Looked like a good wee player but he fell out the game after we scored.

I was thinking the same, then he just turned out to be the Montrose version of Dario Zanatta