Partick Thistle vs Mo- TNF - 7pm

50 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Michael Max still seems genuinely baffled as to why we're having minutes' silences this week.  Quite funny. 

Update - someone's finally told him it was for Phil the Greek.

ETA - corner for Peterhead.

He’s some boy 

Some difference in confidence in the team. Interesting to see in a season with no fans, shows maybe fans don't make a big a difference to the players confidence as some say. 

Really couldn't have gone much better so far tonight, allowed some early subs. Maciver could do with a goal as well. 

Looks like the schedule has finally caught up with us. Suspected it after the second half on Saturday. Knackered after 20 mins and got what we deserved. Quicker this season is over the better. Might be a struggle to win another game this season. As for the cup game on Saturday .. play the youth team.

We're looking much better in a more balanced 4-4-2; far more of a threat in the box with two fit and physical strikers combined with Tiffoney. 

The rest of the season won't be as pretty as that but if we can keep the starting 11 about the same I'd fancy us to scrape ugly results against awkward-looking games like Dumbarton, rather than shanning everyone to sleep with another 0-0.

Edited by AMMjag

11 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

Might be a struggle to win another game this season. 

This is what worries me. If we don't make the top 5 we are in a relegation dog fight to avoid a play off at the wrong end of the table.

Excellent professional performance from Thistle tonight. There wasn't much between the team's when they played at Links Park but tonight we were outgunned in every department. The ridiculous scheduling means we have to just try to keep the score down somehow at Kilmarnock. Whether we can regain confidence to get a result at home to Cove on Tuesday is anyone's guess. Thistle have undoubtedly hit form at just the right time, whereas we haven't really been firing on all cylinders since the resumption of play, save for the game against East Fife. We really do need a striker as tonight made glaringly obvious. I think this is the first thrashing from league opposition Montrose have experienced under Stewart Petrie's leadership since the Boxing Day / New Year nightmare against Peterhead back in League Two*. It feels horrible but on the form Thistle displayed tonight, I think few clubs in this division could have set up and weathered the storm much better. It was quite simply a dominant performance. If we do make the cut for the top five, we will have to significantly up our game across the board.

For now, we have to hope for the greatest recovery since Lazarus, ahead of Saturday morning!

(*ETA and tonight was worse by a goal. Score back on 30/12/17 was Montrose 2-6 Peterhead.)

Edited by Brummo
Reliving the pain of past hurt.

This is what worries me. If we don't make the top 5 we are in a relegation dog fight to avoid a play off at the wrong end of the table. Top 5 is still possible .. albeit unlikely given that the team is fkkd. Even if we did make it there’s zero chance of doing anything if we get there. I’d rather we muddle our way through to avoiding 9th or 10th and regroup for next year.