Partick Thistle vs Mo- TNF - 7pm

Thursday night football at Firhill. Big game following an easy Tuesday win against some lowland league mob. 

I have faint memories of a dull 1-0 win up at Links Park earlier in this remote season.

I guess we would take that result against Angus's finest but it  would be good to score a few goals against a decent side to take into the Dumbarton game and possible split fixtures.

Prediction- Thistle 2 Mo 0

Any win will do. Montrose are undoubtedly better than Peterhead or Clyde, so we’ll need to play well. I can’t remember a thing about the game at Links other than Murray’s goal.

I think McCall will make some changes, but hopefully nothing major. Bell and Brownlie have looked solid, admittedly against crap opposition, but I can see Bell dropping out for this one.

Gawd how do you predict a Thistle result, after the last few it wouldn't be a surprise if we bottle it. Seem to remember the links park one was tight,  not a lot of football, but we deserved the win. Same again against a well organised defence. That seems to have been the case in most of our games, tight well drilled defences that we struggle to break down. I was really surprised we have leaked the fewest goals in this league. Being brave, 2-0.

Not massively bothered about the performance just want another win, expect it will be a scrappy affair and maybe just one goal between the winning side and losing one. Montrose on their day are decent, I just wonder whether they will prioritise the Cup Match on Saturday against Killie, given some of Killie's league performances this season it wouldn't actually surprise me if Montrose feel they've got a good chance in the Cup. Potentially could see Bell and/or Foster drop out for this one due to age and the fact they'd be playing 3 games in a week. 

Go for 1-0 Thistle and another Rudden goal. 

Another must win, this time against a team around us.

I expected a tough game, the 1-0 win at Links was a hard fought victory. I hope that Rudden can now start scoring more regularly after his double last night. 

59 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Unless Bell is knackered he needs to play. He came on at 1/2 time vs East Fife and we haven’t lost a goal since. 

Aye I’d start Bell as well. Not sure if he has the legs for this many games in such a short space of time though.

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Not sure about starting rudden. He did the job against a tiring Clyde side. Unless Bell is knackered he needs to play. He came on at 1/2 time vs East Fife and we haven’t lost a goal since. 

I’d start Bell, but I think it will be a case of fitness with him. If he could do a job for 60 minutes and then have to be replaced by McKenna or Sena - I’d take that too. I have a feeling he’ll be rested for this one however. Given he’s 36, playing three 90 minutes in a week may be an issue for him. 

Hopefully we prioritise the next two league games over the cup. One win in the next two games required to almost ensure a top 5 place. I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win but it looks like Thistle are hitting their best form at just the right time. Wouldn't be surprised to see a draw given that we've drawn 5 of our last 7 games. 

Michael Max still seems genuinely baffled as to why we're having minutes' silences this week.  Quite funny. 

Update - someone's finally told him it was for Phil the Greek.

ETA - corner for Peterhead.

Edited by VictorOnopko