Clyde v Dumbarton

Absolutely seething so I am. Rested EIGHT players on Tuesday to fling in an absolutely shocking performance against our ‘rivals’ to then fling in that monstrosity tonight? Very disappointing.

Credit to Dumbarton, you looked better than us, that’s for sure.

Hunt him out then and enjoy us in League 2 with Diamond and Corry in charge
Where did I suggest hunting him?

Surely you don't absolve Danny Lennon for our poor signings, our strange selections, our punt ball tactics?

My sympathies also to the young players signed on loan only to warm the bench while we'd rather play defenders in midfield, midfielders as fullbacks and a centre half as a forward.

I think you're letting Danny Lennon off too easily.

My post was in response to somebody asking if Lennon has taking Clyde as far as he can. Which would be valid if he had the same budget as when we got promoted but its nowhere near that.

I do agree that Lennon massively fucked up tonight.

Guest andyp1301
1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

Where did I suggest hunting him?

Surely you don't absolve Danny Lennon for our poor signings, our strange selections, our punt ball tactics?

My sympathies also to the young players signed on loan only to warm the bench while we'd rather play defenders in midfield, midfielders as fullbacks and a centre half as a forward.

The budget is the lowest in league and possible the next league down...WTF can he do?

Not a single shot on target. Pathetic stuff. Was stunned we came out for the 2nd half with the same team, Thomson should've been on then. He at least moved the ball a bit quicker when introduced. 

Goodwillie one of his worst/most anonymous showings in a Clyde shirt so not surprising that we were absolutely devoid of ideas as a result. Don't think Lang up front was the worst shout in theory and on another day he buries at least one of his 2 chances at the end. But if Lennon wants an option to go route 1 he should've brought in a striker for it. 

Really could do with a favour on Tuesday from a title chasing Thistle. Don't even fancy us to beat that abysmal Forfar side up there mind you.

Clyde were dreadful and firing Lang up top that early just showed how desperate things were. Surely there were better options at that stage??

Oh absolutely, unfortunately we decided to double down on our strategy of shelling balls long and praying that we would get a lucky break somewhere along the line. As soon as we brought on someone who could run we actually stretched your defence a bit in the last five minutes, but that was obviously too radical a ploy to try sooner when the score of *checks notes* 0-1 was so great for us!

As has been said, fair play to Dumbarton. The archetypal Jim Duffy performance, that was - if you execute that against us again then I fancy that'll be enough to see you safe.

My post was in response to somebody asking if Lennon has taking Clyde as far as he can. Which would be valid if he had the same budget as when we got promoted but its nowhere near that.
I understand what your saying. However, Danny hasn't squeezed much value from his budget.

11 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

And how are things going to improve next seasons when QP come up? We are going nowhere under Lennon.

My fear is this season; how do we stop the rot? That's zero points, as Danny would say, from the last 3 games.  The games where we have picked up points, we have played through teams not the mahoosive blooter up the park. We got more change out of  The Sons tonight when we played on the deck. 

Play our under 15s v St Johnstone on Saturday and get 3 points next Tuesday P L E A S E

Guest andyp1301
Just now, haufdaft said:
4 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

I understand what your saying. However, Danny hasn't squeezed much value from his budget.

THIS IS A BOARD ISSUE........THE BUDGET IS A BLOODY BOARD ISSUE. SHIT BUDGET SHIT SQUAD - PADDED OUT BY 100 P/W PLAYERS AND KIDS FROM ACADEMIES AND THE GUY WHO HAS MADE IT BETTER BEING OFFERED NO WAGES

Scunnered with that and most other performances this season. Knackered or not that was Fecken awful.  Also one of my absolute pet hates in football when managers play a CH up front. More often or not they just get in the way or inevitably a chance falls to them and they miss.. why? Because they are not effing strikers!! It’s not as if they are Chris Sutton who could play both.

I am in now way confident that side would beat for example Edinburgh City in a playoff, assuming we actually finish in playoff position and not rock bottom.

Utter garbage  Clyde.  Don't know how many passes went straight  to Dumbarton.  Nichol was rank. League  2 team at best. As somebody  says only  Wilson  and Cuddihy  got pass marks. Play offs here we come unless we make a complete arse of it (like tonight) at Forfar next week and it could  be straight  relegation. Danny  had to take the  blame for this woeful  attempt at playing  football. Well  done Dumbarton  yous were well up for it  and better organised. 

Guest andyp1301

Lower budget than all League Two teams? I can't believe that.

If that is the case, we've real problems.

Less than QP and Stirling for sure

Lower budget than all League Two teams? I can't believe that.

If that is the case, we've real problems.

Thanks for replying. I was just about to ask the same. The majority of clubs have had budgets slashed and I highly doubt Clyde have a smaller budget than about half of the League 2 teams...

THIS IS A BOARD ISSUE........THE BUDGET IS A BLOODY BOARD ISSUE. SHIT BUDGET SHIT SQUAD - PADDED OUT BY 100 P/W PLAYERS AND KIDS FROM ACADEMIES AND THE GUY WHO HAS MADE IT BETTER BEING OFFERED NO WAGES
Terrible netiquette doesn't lend any more credence to your bizarre sycophancy when it comes to Danny Lennon's recruitment record. When we were racking up a £170k bill getting out of League Two he was even at it, with the likes of Eddie Ferns (the only player I've actually heard a full crowd laughing at), Ross Lyon, Joe Gorman and Karim Belmokhtar recruited in his most successful season alone (I'll spare him Hopkirk).

Guest andyp1301
Just now, the_bully_wee said:
4 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

Terrible netiquette doesn't lend any more credence to your bizarre sycophancy when it comes to Danny Lennon's recruitment record. When we were racking up a £170k bill getting out of League Two he was even at it, with the likes of Eddie Ferns (the only player I've actually heard a full crowd laughing at), Ross Lyon, Joe Gorman and Karim Belmokhtar recruited in his most successful season alone (I'll spare him Hopkirk).

Give him a decent budget then judge him

Guest andyp1301
Just now, haufdaft said:
2 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:
Less than QP and Stirling for sure

Perhaps but that's not what you said.

Lowest in League and "possibly" league 2