Clyde v Dumbarton

It was a poor performance from the team but a much worse performance from Lennon tonight.

A leftback in midfield. A winger at leftback. A centreback in midfield. That centreback is then moved back to allow a different centreback to go to fucking striker. Even forcing Cuddihy (our only vaguely capable midfielder) over to the right, leaving Howie and Nicoll in the middle, which was inevitably going to lead to aimless punts up the park.

I can accept being relegated because we're fucking shite. I can't accept not even giving ourselves a chance, particularly against one of our rivals in the relegation battle, because the manager is making bonkers decisions that are handicapping an already poor team. 

I'm not going to write us off as relegated yet, as we could well beat Forfar on Tuesday, but infuriating doesn't cover it.

Fair play to Dumbarton though. They were organised, as expected, worthy of the three points and should have probably scored more.

No doubt he's made mistakes with some of the signings and given out 2 year deals but our playing budget has been cut by around 40% compared to the league 2 promotion season.

I doubt he only wanted to sign a bunch of youngsters on loan this season.
I think you're letting Danny Lennon off too easily.

Guest andyp1301
20 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

No doubt he's made mistakes with some of the signings and given out 2 year deals but our playing budget has been cut by around 40% compared to the league 2 promotion season.

I doubt he only wanted to sign a bunch of youngsters on loan this season.

Halleluja

For all his usefulness to us in this run, keeping Nicoll on after going behind was laughable decision in a string of them tonight. As stated, Cuddihy and the young keeper the only two to escape that shit show with any credit. The painful thing is that the outcome was so predictable, but I honestly didn't expect us to be that dire. Hopefully huge lessons are learned before our huge trio of games against Forfar and Dumbarton.

Guest andyp1301
1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

I think you're letting Danny Lennon off too easily.

Hunt him out then and enjoy us in League 2 with Diamond and Corry in charge

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A massive 3 points and well deserved IMO. Clyde should be relegated imediately for playing a centre back up front for the entire second half.

Paid off for you with his two clearances in the last few minutes 

Huge win but I can't help but feel that would've been more comfortable with Wallace and Omar involved from the start, not sure why the latter didn't feature as he's been great, especially as an impact sub. Well done to the team though, it really does give us a huge lift going into the split, although it's still possible we go into that in 9th place. 

When we played football on the deck we made chances tonight, we need to get Jones out the side and play through teams rather than round or over them. Nothing to lose against Thistle now, anythings a bonus.

Guest andyp1301
Just now, Clydeontheup said:

No surprise to see you back - gloating in defeat.

I'm not gloating Graham.....I'm defending a manager who is trying to work with a broken squad

Guest andyp1301
2 minutes ago, Clydeontheup said:

No surprise to see you back - gloating in defeat.

Never been away Graham - helping as much as possible whilst you try and snipe from behind the couch you coward

Despite the criticism I expect I'll get (going by comments on here alone) I thought Jones was decent tonight and certainly offered more than Wilson did when he came on. I appreciate we were a bit backs against the wall but there were a couple of occasions where we just had to keep possession and gave it away too cheaply through Wilson.

Overall, satisfied with that and a massive result which we needed at this stage.

Clyde were dreadful and firing Lang up top that early just showed how desperate things were. Surely there were better options at that stage??

Danny Lennon isn't blameless in this squad-building mess. Anyone short of Ronald McDonald (the one with the big red shoes, not the ex-chairman) would be able to see that our squad could've been markedly better this season if we hadn't dished out misty-eyed two year deals like sweeties to some bang average League Two players after being promoted.