Clyde v Dumbarton

Guest andyp1301
6 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Hopefully freshen things up tomorrow night. Defeat isn’t an option and I think Clyde will triumph 2-1.

All depends who is fit I guess ...if the whole squad were in top condition the team just about picks itself as it's a must win.

2 hours ago, andyp1301 said:

All depends who is fit I guess ...if the whole squad were in top condition the team just about picks itself as it's a must win.

Agree. With Mitchell probably missing again, the young lad Wilson did enough to suggest he is a decent replacement (unlike Vajs!).

Other than that, the team that beat Forfar will hopefully get the nod.

Worth noting that Peterhead are only 3 points ahead of us and face EF and Falkirk in the next 2, so good outcomes tonight and v Forfar could pull them right back into trouble for the post-split games.

Can you believe it was really October when we were all here arguing about whether or not Dumbarton should have been liquidated, due to their pitch? Great times.
Was that the same time that we postponed the game, signed a player and then said player scored to beat you?

Good times indeed.

18 minutes ago, super-son said:

Was that the same time that we postponed the game, signed a player and then said player scored to beat you?

Good times indeed.

Another hideous performance from Clyde yes! 

19 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Just looking at the post split fixtures it’s crazy and clearly disadvantages 8th place having to play 4 times in a row. Maybe a point here would be preferable to a win?

I’ll take points on the board over a more favourable schedule any day.

Wallace and Omar in from the start please Jim. Big Rob Jones to run around up top and a midfield 3 of Forbes, Wedderburn, and Brindley.

Edited by GordyBrow

Just looking at the post split fixtures it’s crazy and clearly disadvantages 8th place having to play 4 times in a row. Maybe a point here would be preferable to a win?
8th place sitting out the last game while 9th and 10th have home games against 6th and 7th.

6th and 7th will likely be safe by then. Would have made more sense for 6th to miss out the last round as least likely to be involved in the relegation fight.

I’ll take points on the board over a more favourable schedule any day.
Wallace and Omar in from the start please Jim. Big Rob Jones to run around up top and a midfield 3 of Forbes, Wedderburn, and Brindley.
Sounds good to me

2 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

8th place sitting out the last game while 9th and 10th have home games against 6th and 7th.

6th and 7th will likely be safe by then. Would have made more sense for 6th to miss out the last round as least likely to be involved in the relegation fight.

I would have had 6th spot sitting out the Thursday round of games, give them the advantage of not needing to play games packed together.

What is even more bizarre it not having 1st v 2nd on the last day! Seems like a missed opportunity, albeit not in L2.

Still, no-one can complain. It's still beyond belief that this was the conclusion to the season that the teams would actually agree on.

On 13/04/2021 at 22:09, C. Muir said:

I would probably play the side that played against Forfar tbh. My only conundrum would be which one of Cunningham or Jamieson I would have supporting Goodie. 

Jamieson it is then. And Wilson in goal again.