Clyde v Dumbarton

Huge game for both Clubs Thu night..

Away team dont score many but defintely dont conceed much to the suprise of no-one with Duffy in charge..

Might be a game to give Lamont a chance if all parties can put East fife performance to the side & give Love last 20min through the middle if we need a goal..

Foreva n eva[emoji1267]

9 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

This has got 1-0 Dumbarton absolutely written all over it.  Probably from a corner. 

Funnily, about every Dumbarton fan would say it has 0-1 Clyde written all over it.

You at least have someone who knows how to put the ball in the net...

Is it really that HUGE? 

The mini league post split, "The Failure Five" of Forfar, Sons, Clyde, P Heid and Team 5 still need to play each other. Either EF or Airdriebank have each had a decent restart...the remaining 4 have had patchy or poor form. 

I think it will come down to who picks up points between the present 2nd bottom and 3rd bottom.

If Clyde score first then they'll win. Probably 2-0.

If we score first then we'll take something. Either we'll hold out for a 1-0 and camp on the edge of our box, or hang on for a point.

I'm dreading it to be honest. I've been dreading it all week. A loss would finish us off this season imo. There's no chance we'd take four more points than Clyde over a five game spell.

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Is it really that HUGE? 

The mini league post split, "The Failure Five" of Forfar, Sons, Clyde, P Heid and Team 5 still need to play each other. Either EF or Airdriebank have each had a decent restart...the remaining 4 have had patchy or poor form. 

I think it will come down to who picks up points between the present 2nd bottom and 3rd bottom.

Whoever wins this could/should have the upper hand going into the split games and could know that they only need a couple of draws and a win to stay safe. From a Sons point of view, if we lose this we need to make up 4 points on Clyde with only 5 games to do it. Of course this is a huge game. 

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Whoever wins this could/should have the upper hand going into the split games and could know that they only need a couple of draws and a win to stay safe. From a Sons point of view, if we lose this we need to make up 4 points on Clyde with only 5 games to do it. Of course this is a huge game. 

At this fag end of the season, I think there are loads of variables including confidence, tiredness, luck and fight.  To complicate it, it's not just for out team but the other 4 too.  From the goals on PTTV last night P/heid looked dreadful at the weekend and are in this shitty zone too.

I hate playing Dumbarton (no offence). Duffy usually sets up well against us and we end up looking inept in attack. I know there's been plenty of criticism of Duffy this year but his style still seems effective against us.

We also struggle to get anything past Ryan McGeever and even Goodwillie doesn't get much change out of him. We really need Jamieson and Cunningham both to start and have good games. Their movement is our best chance of creating anything.

As mentioned above, whoever gets the first goal will become massive favourites. Both teams will view this as must not lose, slightly more than must win, so it could be cagey at times.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Big game and a win would confirm we wouldn’t be in the bottom 2 after 18(as much as it looks like we’ll get the split, I’m not holding my breath until it’s definitely confirmed). Would also give us a decent gap going into the split. 

Dumbarton will be tough to break down but we have been scoring more since the restart and generally looking a bit better in all areas. 

Is it really that HUGE? 
Yes. If we can win Thu and beat forfar Tue.

Dumbarton play thistle who will be goin all out for 3pts to go up automaically

In Theory we could be 7pts ahead o dumbarton at 10pm next tue nght with only 4 games left

We all know this wont happen though you have to hope

Yer Mithers Pride