Airdrieonians v Forfar Athletic

Must win game both teams. We never win at home, have won 3 home games all season and now need to win two in a week. Will we do that? I wouldn't put money on it. Without wanting to resort to too many cliches about Forfar fighting for survival, getting a boost from their manager leaving etc this is exactly the sort of game we tend to lose at New Broomfield. 

However, I'll remain reasonably optimistic in my prediction and say Airdrie 1-0 Forfar, Jack McKay to inexplicably start and Airdrie to score the winner down his flank when he's eventually huckled off. 

3 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I’d be asking for my release if I was Jordan Allan. It’s a disgrace 

I’m sorry to see that it hasn’t really worked out for him at yourselves but conversely I’m glad to see him doing well when he does get his chance. He’s maybe not quite had the glamorous career he maybe hoped for but he’s obviously got talent to play at some sort of level. 

Guest bernardblack
3 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I’m sorry to see that it hasn’t really worked out for him at yourselves but conversely I’m glad to see him doing well when he does get his chance. He’s maybe not quite had the glamorous career he maybe hoped for but he’s obviously got talent to play at some sort of level. 

There’s a player in there definitely.
Saturday epitomised his Forfar career. Scored and looked to be really in the mood, pressing highly....taken off after 60mins for what seemed like no reason at all. 

7 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Saturday epitomised his Forfar career. Scored and looked to be really in the mood, pressing highly....taken off after 60mins for what seemed like no reason at all. 

Saving him and Doris for the big one.

Cup is the main object

Just now, Deeloon said:

Saving him and Doris for the big one.

Cup is the main object

I hope that is the plan. Jordan to play in the cup match. We all know we're guaranteed 10th so let's make a show of the cup match. Maybe actually give him 90 minutes against Dundee United.

3 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I hope that is the plan. Jordan to play in the cup match. We all know we're guaranteed 10th so let's make a show of the cup match. Maybe actually give him 90 minutes against Dundee United.

We have only 4 subs for the cup, no way we can afford any injuries or silly sendings off tonight.

Hit the post as well... 5 minutes later he’s hooked off [emoji23]

10 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Done a quick count and by my reckoning Jordan Allan has played 772 minutes this season and scored 7 goals, 110 minutes a goal. Yet we've only given him a full 90 minutes 3 times.

I must admit, I was wondering what the deal was with Jordan Allan when I was doing my notes for the game a few weeks ago. He seems to be the only player in the Loons squad who you'd back to score goals - and has grabbed a really good number this season. Yet seems to be glued to the bench or hooked early on. Thought it was very weird. I'd bite your hand off for a player like him at the Sons*.

*Even though Duffy would play him at left-wing or something.

6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I must admit, I was wondering what the deal was with Jordan Allan when I was doing my notes for the game a few weeks ago. He seems to be the only player in the Loons squad who you'd back to score goals - and has grabbed a really good number this season. Yet seems to be glued to the bench or hooked early on. Thought it was very weird. I'd bite your hand off for a player like him at the Sons*.

*Even though Duffy would play him at left-wing or something.

Exactly, he's our top goalscorer but I guess that's what happens when you have a manager out of his depth. Why play a striker who scores goals when you can have 2 defensive strikers that would get a nosebleed if they tried to run into the box.

Promising start yet again and dominating for 30 minutes/hit the post/ two good blocks from who?/ but letting them back into the game by not passing the ball and pressing. They had a good 10 minutes and I have to wonder how the cross was never stopped while Grant Anderson is not exactly known for headers. Poor defending but what on earth is Jack Mckay for-it might have been him  with the two blocks? How Gary Irvine can stroll through a game when no one attacks down that side. Turner was really good but we seemed to forget he was on the park during that dodgy spell. I also agree with John O'Brien that there is too much turning back by O'Reilly-seems to be to let McCann attack. This is so much like the Thistle game. Get Craig Thomson, inconsistent as he is, on for that spare jaiket. This looks dodgy now. Credit to Forfar after a terrible start but maybe the fitness edge will tell.