Forfar vs Dundee United - 16th of April 2021

43 minutes ago, resk said:

I have no love for the turncoat judas *** c**t, but I really think he wasn't actually meaning to say "I hope he has a serious injury", he was trying to make the "only a really bad injury should stop him from playing an important cup match" point, but delivered it and angled it all wrong.  No need for a witch hunt here lads surely.  

Agreed. Whilst I think it was a fucking daft thing to say live on TV, I reckon we don’t need to get out the flaming torches and pitchforks for this one.

That being said, I am getting a bit tired of how much airtime Foster is getting all over the BBC in order to talk about how shite United were against His team, and how unjust it was that we went through instead of them.  It could give the impression to some who are actively looking to take offence, of a sense of bitterness leading to his stupid statement about Benji.

I don’t think it was meant in a nasty way at all, but he could definitely have put it better. It doesn’t help that that Benji’s injury does look quite serious.

11 hours ago, virginton said:

Forfar have quite clearly not been 'by far the better team', get this idiot Foster launched into the sun. 

Across the 90 minutes (including the first 45) United were by far the better team. The stats and whatever highlights they can find from the game will show this, including dominance of possession, and a number of decent saves, the woodwork, and some excellent last gasp defending  from Forfar, stoppping the game being more comfortable for United.

There is a big difference between performing above expectations, and being by far the better team, even though clearly United performed markedly below expectations.

I’d have thought that Richard (with his vast experience of the game) would have been able to understand this difference, but as many on social media have pointed out, clearly he has not gotten over his team’s cup exit at United!s hands in the last round, and this is perhaps clouding his opinions somewhat, leading to him spouting shite.

Again.

Aye. We were not good at all, but we were certainly the better team. Forfar were very well organised and tough opponents, but I never felt at any point that they would actually beat us.

United were clearly the better team but had we someone capable of shooting on target you guys could well have been scalped.

Enough good chances came our way to score. We've been appalling in front of goal all season though.