The Big P&B Hive Mind Euro 2020 Squad Thread/Poll

Les Cabbage

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He’s been pretty miserable tbh past few games by his standards. Strangely he looks fit enough when peeling off defenders but his touch seems to have deserted him, something I thought I would never say. 

I agree - but he still has something that no other player has - the skill to score out of nothing

Griffiths would probably be my third choice striker after the obvious two, just because you know the ability to pull something out the bag is there.

I think with the enlarged squad we’ll see a fourth as well. There’s probably four in the running there - Paterson, Burke, Nisbet and Shankland - but I’d really struggle to think of a convincing argument for any one of them. Personally it would have been nice if it was Shankland but he’s had nothing like the season I thought he might.

I’ve a feeling Clarke will go for Paterson. Let’s just hope Dykes and Adams stay fit.

15 hours ago, gannonball said:

@Les Cabbage

A marvellous thread. Out of interest was the integrity of PnB maintained by no mention of Perth Pushers in the voting?

ETA - just seen Jason Kerr, name and shame.

Further ETA  - Shaun fucking Rooney? Absolutely disgusting 

There was plenty of votes for out very own Charlie Gilmour in central midfield, but clearly the ANTI-PERTH BIAS ingrained in Scottish football has once again come to the fore.

13 hours ago, cowboy said:

out of interest, what happened with matt phillips? has he chucked scotland or just been dumped by clarke for being shit?

I had pretty much forgotten about him. Its an interesting point, considering Clarke was his manager at club level.

Has he ever been in a Clarke scotland squad? I dont think he has.

He was excellent (and scored) in a friendly against someone a couple of years ago.  Hungary?  But yes, he's mainly shite and should't be in the squad.

6 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Hes only 30, never played a good game really for us. Maybe an outside chance of him being named due to his versatility tho.

Given the covid testing is still going on I would say this may hold more weight than it usually does.

3 hours ago, Gordopolis said:
4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:
I see Liam Palmer’s Instagram is a very big hint he’ll be named in the squad.   

Or a total riddy if he's jumped the gun

That thought did spring to mind as well.