QP v Annan

12 hours ago, lavvyheid said:

Good few chances to put the game to bed  but as per usual we don't take them.

That's the thing, even though we were poor last night, we still created bags of chances. I counted four absolute sitters missed by Sal, Murray, Galt and McLean. Our strikers need to calm down a bit and show more composure.  Murray took his goal well but then has a fresh air swipe from six yards second half.  

Annan created openings -  we also gifted them a couple of chances through fannying around at the back - but I don't think they had one decent effort on target. Lad was unlucky with that one when Willie was in no man's land but I don't remember him having to make a save. He might have had to if it wasn't for Morrison's superb acrobatic clearance though.

14 hours ago, Huntsman said:

Selecting players on loan before your own is a little unusual. 

If they're improving the squad or better than what we have then it's not unusual at all. Every club uses the loan system this way, part time or full time  

Expectations have increased so much this season that it is easy to feel disappointed about last night’s game
But it is important to take a step back - 12 points clear at the top. A win and a draw in the next two games will win us our first title in 21 years. I for one intend to celebrate as much as I can.

Bit of a slog but a win's a win... making so many changes is double-edged. It helps keep players fresh but it's always going to disrupt things - especially if changes are to the spine of the team (I'm counting Grant and Gillespie here).

Shame to see Jai in distress like that (*** it would be good to hear from the Club on how he's doing***) hopefully it's nothing too complicated and we see him back rampaging soon. 

47 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

It helps keep players fresh but it's always going to disrupt things - especially if changes are to the spine of the team (I'm counting Grant and Gillespie here).

Agree, I don't see the point of a rotation system if you're gonna leave out players at the top of their form. At least one of Gillespie and Lyon should have started last night imo. And where does Baynham fit into this system?  I thought he did well against Cowdenbeath, not a sniff since then.  

7 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

That's because you made the mistake of listening to the commentator ( or was it face he said?)

Are people still listening to that drivel?! 😜

Anyway, it was initially questioned by my esteemed colleague if it was his face, but unfortunately a scream like that suggested much worse than a ball hitting the player's face. It was quite a chilling sound to hear. We both concluded it appeared to be his knee.

Hopefully Quitongo makes a speedy recovery - he has been a joy to watch in a Queen's jersey and has injected excitement into such an unexciting way of watching the sport we love. 

2 minutes ago, Kenzie said:

Are people still listening to that drivel?! 😜

You need to start pulling rank with auld Beardy. Get him telt your the main commentator and he's only there to summarise when you ask him to. I'm sure he'll understand........

23 hours ago, Huntsman said:

I think resting Gillespie against second bottom Annan so he’s  fit and ready for second top Edinburgh is probably a good use of the squad. Conversely, testing Connell against a physical side like Annan is good for his development, which is why he’s here. 

We’ll need all our best players to be at their very best on Saturday.

What an odd take? Admittedly i'm not the most up to date with our current Youth Prospects at the moment, but is it not entirely conceivable that at the moment our prospects like Gillies and Biggar aren't quite ready to make the step-into a starting berth? I fully expect to see them and more play a greater part in the run-in. The earlier we wrap the league up the better.

As it's been stated also, guys like Connell and Sal absolutely add to our squad. Anybody who's watched our games can see how Luca Connell has added to our squad, with some performances to rival the great Davie Anderson.

13 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

What an odd take? Admittedly i'm not the most up to date with our current Youth Prospects at the moment, but is it not entirely conceivable that at the moment our prospects like Gillies and Biggar aren't quite ready to make the step-into a starting berth? I fully expect to see them and more play a greater part in the run-in. The earlier we wrap the league up the better.

As it's been stated also, guys like Connell and Sal absolutely add to our squad. Anybody who's watched our games can see how Luca Connell has added to our squad, with some performances to rival the great Davie Anderson.

Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and ... disagree with you there. -  Office Space Lumbergh - quickmeme

Edited by Mick1867

17 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

with some performances to rival the great Davie Anderson.

There's absolutely no denying that Connell is a talent and has a bright future in the game ahead of him. But this is taking it just a bit too far 😂 

Okay, perhaps its a bit of an overstatement to labour the point, and Connell won't likely be in a spiders Jersey past May, but you can see he's a class above any of the opposition he's faced, much like Anderson: who always seemed to stroll games.

No Anderson was way above his level at the moment

On 14/04/2021 at 18:06, Mick1867 said:

You need to start pulling rank with auld Beardy. Get him telt your the main commentator and he's only there to summarise when you ask him to. I'm sure he'll understand........

He's just an auld dobber.  Kick his erse.