QP v Annan

Don't see any chance of Annan taking anything from this tonight. Would imagine this will be our last game against QP for some time so all the best for the future.

Saturday's breakfast time game against Brechin far more important for us. Would take 4-0 loss tonight if we can get the 3 points on Saturday.

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

The boys can't seem to score more than 3 in a match.

Rubbish, ain't it. McKinnon out! 😛

It's funny how expectations rise but I know what you're saying. Since the re-start we've absolutely battered the teams in the bottom half of the league in terms of possession and chances created. Murray could have had 4 goals himself at Stennie. However it's Annan. I've always got an uneasy feeling before we play them. Their form is horrific though and we're on fire so tonight really should be the night    

That was dire but a good result with other results going our way. First touch was poor and I fear we have seen the last of Quitongo for the season. Doyle took a sore one and I am not sure Carroll is not still carrying a knock. Could have been an expensive game for the squad. Good to play so poorly and win. The one bright spot was the goal. Great knock back from Salim.

Another 3 points but an utterly abject performance all round considering the good form we have been in. A horrible looking injury for Quitongo as well. Will require a much improved display against Edinburgh if we are to maintain our unbeaten record.

Horrid game over the piece but nonetheless it’s another 3 points, alongside a clean sheet so credit to the players. It was one of those games were simple passes and first touches were often going against us and had it been a team like Edinburgh we played tonight, I’d imagine we’d of been punished for it. 

Can tell that when Grant isn’t on the park, we lose so much in terms of organisation and stability at the back. Morrison who deputised I thought was terrific and for me was arguably our best defender on the night, however you could tell across the whole backline that Grant’s presence was missed. 

Absolutely gutted to see Quitongo get what seems like a pretty horrid injury and i presume it’s almost a certainty that he’ll miss the rest of the season. Just hoping he hasn’t damaged his ACL as most likely he’d miss large chunks of next season 

Well it's another 3 points but just did not get going tonight . 

Good few chances to put the game to bed  but as per usual we don't take them.

Super tackle  from Morrison and for me he was MOM .   another clean sheet  . few knocks  and a  couple of hard games coming up .

Quitongo   injury looked a bad one 

Hopefully not as bad as it looked for Quitongo, but it did not look great at all. 

In terms of the overall game, it was real huff and puff stuff. Disjointed and never really got going. Loved the look of the team before kick off, but we looked like a team that had made a lot of changes. Maybe the balance not quite right either in retrospect. 

Having said that, the important thing is the win. There will always be games like this and you just need to dig in when not playing well. Got to credit Annan as well. They didn't look like a part-time side in the middle of a brutal run of fixtures. They caused us more problems than most sides and could have come away with a point. Three great chances, although we spurned a good number as well. 

Can effectively clinch the title on Saturday with a win. It would be fifteen points with an unassailable goal difference. It will be our toughest league game of the season and we'll have to be better than tonight, though. 

Peter Grant will be back and I'd have Grant Gillespie back in the side as well. He's been outstanding since the return. 

13 hours ago, Huntsman said:

Selecting players on loan before your own is a little unusual. 

If you're talking about Connell, presumably there was an understanding when we took him on loan that he was going to start games. I doubt he would have signed otherwise.

I didn't think we were too bad last night. Annan made the game hard for us and we found it difficult to create any openings other than through Quitongo. Just got to hope his injury looked (and felt, judging by his reaction) a lot worse than it actually turns out to be.

12 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Looked like Quitongo caught a sore one right in the family jewels?

That's because you made the mistake of listening to the commentator ( or was it face he said?) It was pretty clear from the replays that he fucked his leg. Looked like his knee. What a blow for him, he's been great