The Binos v Stranraer

Big game for both teams on Tuesday night at Forthbank.

For the Binos a win keeps us on course for a top 5 place before the split.

Stranraer are 7 points behind us and after a couple of poor results they need to get back to winning ways if they are to make the top 5.

Stenny are only 3 points behind them and a loss coupled with a Stenny win on Tuesday see them level on points with Stranraer.

Both teams face each other on Thursday night at Stranraer.

Prediction Binos 2 Stranraer 1.

4 hours ago, rhliston said:

Big game for both teams on Tuesday night at Forthbank.

For the Binos a win keeps us on course for a top 5 place before the split.

Stranraer are 7 points behind us and after a couple of poor results they need to get back to winning ways if they are to make the top 5.

Stenny are only 3 points behind them and a loss coupled with a Stenny win on Tuesday see them level on points with Stranraer.

Both teams face each other on Thursday night at Stranraer.

Prediction Binos 2 Stranraer 1.

Any win will do me, for all the opportunities we're creating the lack of goals particularly at Forthbank is a bit of a concern. One of these days  we're going to start converting more of the chances made. Hope it's tomorrow.

Would be good to go 10 points ahead of 5th place with 6 games left by winning tonight. Play offs would be all but guaranteed imo.

I notice Al Zubaidi(?) hasn't been in the squads recently. Is he injured?

Utter pish is how I describe our performance tonight. Apart from a spell just before halftime when we created a couple of chances from Byrne and Wilson we never looked like scoring, just hump the ball up the park bypassing the midfield.

Sloppy play cost us the goal tonight and we simply did nothing in the second half to suggest we had any idea of how to break Stranraer down.
That’s 1 point from our last 2 home games against teams below us in the League, simply not good enough.
At this rate I reckon we will stagger into the top 5 but can’t see us getting into the playoffs unless we change tactics and keep the ball on the ground.

I can see a reason to expand the squad as injury cover in this intense period of fixtures, but are the Darvel guys bringing anything much to the team? Before the break there was good creative balance to the team from defense to attack, which now seems to have been lost. In last night's second half there was some particularly clumsy play with the ball and then a contagion of rashness spreading throughout the team.

Utter pish is how I describe our performance tonight. Apart from a spell just before halftime when we created a couple of chances from Byrne and Wilson we never looked like scoring, just hump the ball up the park bypassing the midfield.

Sloppy play cost us the goal tonight and we simply did nothing in the second half to suggest we had any idea of how to break Stranraer down.
That’s 1 point from our last 2 home games against teams below us in the League, simply not good enough.
At this rate I reckon we will stagger into the top 5 but can’t see us getting into the playoffs unless we change tactics and keep the ball on the ground.

Stagger into the top 5?! Your place in the top 5 is already confirmed with two games to go before the split!

Have to agree with rhliston, don’t like being as blunt about performances but that was simply awful last night. We seem to have reverted back to hoof ball of previous seasons when we can actually get the ball down and play. KR seemed to be as baffled as to why that happened as we are and the fact that he said that there are a lot of positions now up for grabs speaks volumes.

It’s easy to look at last night and start going a bit overboard on criticism, yes it wasn’t good enough but it’s one game where we have let standards slip. I personally feel the players from Darvel that were brought in, should be used to lighten the load but not be first team regulars but are they bringing anything to the team, other than Meggatts performance against Stenhousemuir, probably not but then they haven’t been constant starters since they were brought in anyway so it’s a little unfair to point fingers at them in my opinion.

We’ve got a winnable game on Saturday, all be it Central Park is never a nice place to go, so let’s hope we achieve the aim at the end of the week with a better performance as well.

6 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Stagger into the top 5?! Your place in the top 5 is already confirmed with two games to go before the split!

Good job then ,on  past performances at home we have been poor. Lets hope we can improve otherwise I cant see us getting to the playoffs. 

18 hours ago, rhliston said:

Dinna worry we have 0 points from our last 2 games with teams below us. Could be 0-3 after Saturdays game and with QP to follow!  If your staggering in we are at best crawling😳