Arbroath v Ayr United

Just now, Hursty said:

I was missing it first half of the season, slowly getting used to not going now and in absolutely no rush whatsoever to go back and watch this shite hovering around the lower middle of League 1 again unless it's for a boozy away day when the football is secondary.   Very depressing considering we had looked like we might might able to become an established Championship side. 

Yeah, I'm the same myself. Even if fans are allowed back next year, I can't see myself going.

Yeah, I'm the same myself. Even if fans are allowed back next year, I can't see myself going.
Spoken to a lot of fellow supporters who are in the exact same mindset. I'm the same. I'm not travelling from Glasgow to Somerset every second Saturday for that. I've not bought a home stream in a while either. Never been this disillusioned before. Very sad times.

2 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

So Ayr fans were right - your team are a gutless bunch. Can we play you every week.

Arbroath had 13 heroes - and one spectator.

We need that one spectator to get us a 3 nil win😎

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

How’s this for a stat. Apparently today is the 1st time we have scored in both half’s of a game this season. 

And it's about the millionth time we have went a goal down and gave up haha. 

It would be an absolute travesty for this Ayr side to finish above ninth, let alone survive the playoffs. And it'll be November before the chairman begins to question keeping Hopkin even after the even worse side he assembles to tackle League One is threatening to finish the job Mark Roberts started.

Aye Arbroath well worth their win, I’d suggest they'll avoid the play offs. Ayr and Morton trying to out-shite each other between now and the end of the season.  Based on today I’m not even sure where our next goal is going to come from, let alone our next win.  I really don’t think we deserve to stay up anyway.  

3 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Aye Arbroath well worth their win, I’d suggest they'll avoid the play offs. Ayr and Morton trying to out-shite each other between now and the end of the season.  Based on today I’m not even sure where our next goal is going to come from, let alone our next win.  I really don’t think we deserve to stay up anyway.  

Yeah there's not a chance we pick up any more points, and today has absolutely skelter the goal difference advantage and ICT away will be a 3 or 4 - 0 job again like today.  

Arbroath were streets ahead of Ayr in every section of the pitch today - the players won every ball and chased everything constantly.

An outstanding performance which was a pleasure to watch - also the first time this season that Arbroath have managed to score 4 goals in a game.

DC and the players were ready and well up for the match - they were brilliant.

It's not over yet though - still 2 games to go and all to play for.

C'mon the 'broath.

What a time to pull that out of the bag, great result and puts us in a great position now.

What a difference a win and being able to have a drink with mates when the sun is shining makes.

Cheers Lichties. [emoji482]

A big win and not just goal wise. In what could be seen as a relegation battle we looked by far the better team and not like a bottom of the league side. We outplayed Ayr with better teamwork, initiative, hard graft and no little skill. I wouldn’t single out an individual as man of the match but Ricky Little, Dale Hilson and Ben Williamson were perhaps the pick of the bunch.

I think this was our best performance of the season and if we can maintain this form for the next two games we hopefully won’t be involved in the play offs.

As for Ayr United, well as their supporters have made quite clear with their comments, they were poor. In fact that was probably the worst performance by an Ayr team against us. I can sympathise with their support, just have to remember what we were like when Todd Lumsden was our manager.

So a deserved and welcome 3 points, but in football, being the funny old game that it is, nothing is certain. So we have to concentrate on our own performances and keep our good run going for the next couple of weeks.

What a team every man standing up to the challenge sums up this club under the Campbells Ricky has shown recently why he was given a new 2 year contract his attitude and influence on the team has really stood out what a player for Arbroath he has been

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

Absolutely no fight, in that team at all

Absolutely no fight, in that team at all
That's what really pisses me off. There are players in that team who have ability and have probably done quite well at previous teams, but they are just not interested at all. It just baffles me how many of them think they can just go through the motions.

I can handle being beat if my team shows some fight, but the lack of basic professional and personal pride in their efforts is wholly unacceptable.