Arbroath v Ayr United

Really really pointless moving this from the 3pm kick off but I also can’t see why Ayr would agree to the half 5 kick off either.

As for the game I really don’t know. We’ve been setting up to get draws so who knows how this one will go.

52 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Hopefully it’s moved to half 5

2B933DFC-4AEB-4B39-8CAB-0F03600BD817.png

Why?

Would mean the team would find out all the results before kicking a ball which could make things 10x worse

Edited by rb123!

Frustrating as f*ck because the one time we actually strung a few passes together on Saturday we scored from it

This x1000, it’s baffling.

Incidentally I see Arbroath are actually below us in the form table so there’s no reason (other than we’re dreadful obviously) that we shouldn’t be looking to win on Saturday.

We are no longer good enough at what we used to be good at to win away from home v Arbroath . Therefore we set up to be better at what Arbroath see themselves good at . In other words we pick a 5-4-1 or a 5-3-2 roll our sleeves up and take them on physically for 90 mins . Not pretty and it won’t be liked by Spain fanciers in the Ayr support , but needs must . Could be a terrible 0-0 or 1-1 but if Arbroath can’t do their  stuff for 90 mins due to how we hound them , then we might just pinch it .

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

Why?

Would mean the team would find out all the results before kicking a ball which could make things 10x worse

Morton aren’t playing on Saturday, so other results don’t matter!

I would prefer twelve to get the horrible part of my Saturday out of the way tbh. 

Given that we only have two players who live within 20 miles of Arbroath, who are both injured and won't play and the rest of our team come from Ayrshire, Edinburgh,  Fife and the vast majority in and around Glasgow and will be facing the same early start and long travel as most of the Ayr team this really shouldn't even be a discussion.   

I'm pretty sure all players if asked would want home by 4pm on a Saturday afternoon, rather than 9pm on a Saturday night.  

Given that we only have two players who live within 20 miles of Arbroath, who are both injured and won't play and the rest of our team come from Ayrshire, Edinburgh,  Fife and the vast majority in and around Glasgow and will be facing the same early start and long travel as most of the Ayr team this really shouldn't even be a discussion.   
I'm pretty sure all players if asked would want home by 4pm on a Saturday afternoon, rather than 9pm on a Saturday night.  
Yeah, got to say I agree with this. I know Arbroath have trained at the Oriam in Edinburgh a few times. Most of the more "remote" (basically anything out of the central belt) teams training around Edinburgh/Glasgow.

Had the pleasure of chatting to Dick Campbell before I had a training session there, nice guy.

leaving aside any bantz and doom-mongering, this is the most important game of Ayr's season. Win this, and unless Morten beat Hearts a week today then safety is assured absent shipping 10+ goals against QOS and Inverness. I hope to Christ that Hopkin is aware of the above mathematics, because playing for a draw here is suicide.