Life

not really a risk but hummed and hawed about travelling to London (from Glasgow) to attend a job interview that I was pretty sure I wouldn't come close to getting. Got up at 0500 to travel down and was still debating with myself up till the taxi came for the airport (shoes on and had taken them back off to phone and cancel the taxi). Even at airport I still thought, feck it, just get back home to bed. But ended up going through with it, did the interview  and of course, got offered the job which has turned out to be completely life changing. 

Still think back to how things would have turned out if I had done my usual then and said, nah, can't be arsed/what's the point.....

13 hours ago, SmudgePop said:

Life's biggest rewards come from the biggest challenges. 

No, they don't. Teaching my daughter how to stay upright on a bike with no stabilisers. Not much of a challenge to be honest, but the look on her face . . . christ,  the look on her face when she knew she was in control of a machine that could travel faster than her Dad and she knew she couldn't be caught. Big, big rewards. (Sorry to throw a wet blanket onto what is probably intended to be a fun thread).

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

7 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

not really a risk but hummed and hawed about travelling to London (from Glasgow) to attend a job interview that I was pretty sure I wouldn't come close to getting. Got up at 0500 to travel down and was still debating with myself up till the taxi came for the airport (shoes on and had taken them back off to phone and cancel the taxi). Even at airport I still thought, feck it, just get back home to bed. But ended up going through with it, did the interview  and of course, got offered the job which has turned out to be completely life changing. 

Still think back to how things would have turned out if I had done my usual then and said, nah, can't be arsed/what's the point.....

A real sliding doors moment. Mine came at the age of 17 when I got knocked back from a job at McDonald's. Instead I got a job at Burger King a week later and through that met most of my current friend group, my first serious girlfriend, and my now wife.

On 12/04/2021 at 08:22, SmudgePop said:

Life's biggest rewards come from the biggest challenges. What do you consider your biggest reward ever in life?

Theres a lot to enjoy in life but falling asleep easily and waking up feeling well rested is one of the simplest pleasures 

22 hours ago, Gaz said:

A real sliding doors moment. Mine came at the age of 17 when I got knocked back from a job at McDonald's. Instead I got a job at Burger King a week later and through that met most of my current friend group, my first serious girlfriend, and my now wife.

If you had got the gig at McDonald's, you might have met more than one person though...

My proudest moment in life wasn't when I increased profits by 17%, or cut expenditure without losing a single member of staff. No. It was a young Greek guy, first job in the country, hardly spoke a word of English but came to me and he went "Mr -----, will you be the godfather to my child?".

Didn't happen in the end. I had to let him go, he was rubbish.

He was rubbish!