Cove v Falkirk

Honestly can’t say that I have seen us at our peak in any game in a couple of years irrespective of kick off time.

Fair point. However if you are preparing a team everything should be taken into consideration to maximise performance.
Ps. Someone mentioned the pampered EPL teams. They would comfortably travel the night before to ensure they are ready for a big game. We probably won’t...

Fair point. However if you are preparing a team everything should be taken into consideration to maximise performance.
Ps. Someone mentioned the pampered EPL teams. They would comfortably travel the night before to ensure they are ready for a big game. We probably won’t...

I think we will go the Friday

Guest Peter LaFleur
42 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

If we're off the top of the table by 21:30 Tuesday just leave them all up there imo

Two wins and I want to see Scotland style celebration videos of the players gassed in a midden B&B doing a Conga singing Akeel Francis’ name. 

15 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Oh goody I'll get to watch the auld boys funeral 🤔

The championship below in England still have the fixtures at 3pm as it stands, so hopefully I'll be tuning in to Tranmere @3pm  

I wouldn't have watched in any case, surely a Friday or Monday public holiday would have gave the biggest respect option

12 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I can't speak for protocols now but a fair few of the teams below EPL do go the night before a game but a fair amount don't, the average travel to grounds over a season in England must be around 4hrs over the season and much more for teams on the south coast.

I never moan about travel in Scotland as it's all fairly close compared to other countries. I once left Harrogate to Cardiff on a Sunday to get back to Harrogate on the Monday mainly to do with roadworks on the way back and yes there was 3+ hours pre game for drinks. 

It's not ideal the game being 12pm but I'd more concerned if it was Peterhead, the importance of the game for both sides surely sees players and management up for it in our biggest game of the season so far. If not, they can reopen the Peterhead jail for our next game 😋

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

The championship below in England still have the fixtures at 3pm as it stands, so hopefully I'll be tuning in to Tranmere @3pm  

I wouldn't have watched in any case, surely a Friday or Monday public holiday would have gave the biggest respect option

I can't speak for protocols now but a fair few of the teams below EPL do go the night before a game but a fair amount don't, the average travel to grounds over a season in England must be around 4hrs over the season and much more for teams on the south coast.

I never moan about travel in Scotland as it's all fairly close compared to other countries. I once left Harrogate to Cardiff on a Sunday to get back to Harrogate on the Monday mainly to do with roadworks on the way back and yes there was 3+ hours pre game for drinks. 

It's not ideal the game being 12pm but I'd more concerned if it was Peterhead, the importance of the game for both sides surely sees players and management up for it in our biggest game of the season so far. If not, they can reopen the Peterhead jail for our next game 😋

Not really much difference in travel time  now that the new bypass is open.

You hear plenty of griped from managers down south about early kick off games too (and they have the luxury of the pampering that comes with the £££)s. 

if we go up same day then we're at a disadvantage but not sure hotel stays are allowed yet? Not ideal preparation physically or mentally travelling all morning and not having time for prep/lunch/warms ups etc.  

The fact we're following this game with Peterhead away on Tuesday too makes it likely we're dropping points over these 2 games imo

2 hours ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Two wins and I want to see Scotland style celebration videos of the players gassed in a midden B&B doing a Conga singing Akeel Francis’ name. 

I think there will still be a bit work to do after Tuesday. We are playing 22 not 18

27 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

You hear plenty of griped from managers down south about early kick off games too (and they have the luxury of the pampering that comes with the £££)s. 

if we go up same day then we're at a disadvantage but not sure hotel stays are allowed yet? Not ideal preparation physically or mentally travelling all morning and not having time for prep/lunch/warms ups etc.  

The fact we're following this game with Peterhead away on Tuesday too makes it likely we're dropping points over these 2 games imo

It's a couple of hours not 4,5,6 hours which is common in other countries.

I once got travel updates for the Tranmere team bus leaving to Plymouth at 4 or 5 am for an early kick off, only to get there for the game to be called off.

Falkirk to Cove is nothing, even more so with reduced traffic on the road. The likes of ICT, Ross County, Annan, Elgin etc don't mention it so it shouldn't be mentioned for me

I saw one of Livi's people on Twitter saying their plans for travel, fitness, nutrition etc had been disrupted by the game moving a day; a fair criticism imo. 

Our lot having to do their normal Saturday routine 3 hours earlier shouldn't be a huge deal.

It’s fair to say that footballers should be able to travel up on a bus earlier and still be able to perform.

It’s also fair to say it’s not as ideal as the normal time they’re used to and you want them to have their preparation at its peak to help in any way win the game.

It’s fair to assume that this will be used an excuse when we inevitably sh1t the bed.

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Looking like a must win on Saturday now that Thistle have remembered how to win games.

I have the fear that our shite  house management duo will revert to type and abandon any thoughts of an attacking formation.

They can't afford to go in with that attitude now, don't have the points buffer and they got away with it before simply because the teams below us in this league cut their own throats/results went our way. Its amazing what three wins on the bounce can do, Partick have come from nowhere, if we could somehow get two wins from the next two games, and Partick and Cove lose last game pre split we could be hard to catch. But we don't do things the easy way. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a 3 way pile up at top of the league going into the split fixtures. 

12 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I have the fear that our shite  house management duo will revert to type and abandon any thoughts of an attacking formation.

I have a suspicion that our formation tomorrow will be dictated more by who's fit to play than anything else. There may be a few who're struggling to make it. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn