Cove v Falkirk

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Kelly on the bench as is Deveney and yet we’re either going with Gary Miller left back or Fotheringham at left wing-back. So yeah that is definitely not the best we’ve got available.

Connolly was on the bench a couple of games ago before vanishing, doubt Kelly is anywhere close to fitness. 

I thought it might be Miller and Durnan in middle with the 2 young lads wingbacks, but maybe mclelland can’t play full back. In which case you’re right, I’d have rather gone deveney full back than Miller

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

3-5-2?

Surely we wouldn't just play a wee boy on the left side and no-one else.... surely.... 

If 3-5-2 that would also mean Miller and Gomis both playing deep. This just gets worse.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Surely we wouldn't just play a wee boy on the left side and no-one else.... surely.... 

If 3-5-2 that would also mean Miller and Gomis both playing deep. This just gets worse.  

Regardless if it’s a 3 or 4 it’s absolutely baffling not to be playing Devaney on the left hand side. What a fucking pointless signing.

I reckon it's a 4-4-2 with Gary Miller at left back Deveney clearly isn't fancied which begs the question why is he still here? Good to see Kelly back in amongst the subs. At least we're 2 up top and at least Leitch isn't starting.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

If it is a back 3 I reckon that means neilson centre back with Morrison/Fotheringham wing backs.

Wouldn't be keen on a 3 with two youngsters and a Durnan..... I'm beginning to think they will shoehorn Miller or Neilson at left back.

Fingers crossed Keena starts with his 2nd half display, Morrison of last week and Sammon battering folk to forget we have to defend 

4-4-2 with Gary Miller or Neilson at LB. nothing wrong with that IMO. It’s the exact same skill set to play LB as it is to play RB.

Not if you need your full backs to provide width, get to the byline and help get crosses in. Watch as we turn back and pass inside, sideways, then back to the keeper.

As others have said, Devaney a pointless signing if he can’t get in when our first two left backs are injured.

Doesn't look like it. I was hoping for a Forfar type commentator to create a bit of atmosphere.

That lad who is on the BBC - Scott Davie - has been commentating on the highlights

A nice hunmmm at the moment

Square pegs in round holes it would appear. Just the norm for us. Why the boy deveney doesn't get a game is beyond me. Miller stuck in at fullback again hopefully as the only other option would be him and gomis back in the middle which never ever works.  I hope they don't weaken neilson by playing him on the left side. Guys been excellent at right back.

Guest Ecosse83

With what’s available doesn’t look like they have picked an ok team.  Probably a 442 with someone being made to play out of position at left back, not ideal! They obviously don’t fancy Deveney which is fair enough. 

23 minutes ago, Donathan said:

4-4-2 with Gary Miller or Neilson at LB. nothing wrong with that IMO. It’s the exact same skill set to play LB as it is to play RB.

It's not really at all. No point in having a left back if they can't cross with their left peg for a start. Plus your clearances are going out the park instead of in when using your right peg and the latter is what you will need to do far more often than the former.