Cove v Falkirk

Guest Peter LaFleur

Zero confidence in M&M to go up and win this one. Two tough away games left before the split. If we are to win the league I feel we need to keep a minimum 3 point gap going into the last 4 fixtures. 

Will go back to 1 upfront for this one to try and shitfest a draw to keep us top and get beat 2/3-0 in the process. 

That will be a dangerous ploy if Thistle win their two home games on Tuesday and Thursday.
In those circumstances, a draw at Cove would probably need us to win up at Peterhead next Tuesday to stay top after 18 games.
I think we need to go for the three points here and alleviate some pressure ahead of the split games.....

I fear we will go back to one up top for this, try and pack the midfield and sneak a draw. Not really what I want us to do but M&M when it comes to it are shitebags when it comes to playing teams they regard as a challenger. A win is massive for either side though. Its just gut wrenching over the last few weeks we have dropped points when we could have been well clear at the top. Hartley won't need much of a team talk for this, I would expect Cove to come flying out the traps.

Edited by ebobsboy

Cove were pretty rotten at TFS and they really have not taken anything like full advantage of our run of poor results.

As long as our management don’t shit the bed with team selection and formation I’d hope we can take the points.

Not holding my breath though.

Anything but a win is unacceptable here, we've been poor since the restart but (I think) we've still taken the most points in the league.

Neilson should be the only option at RB for us and if we're bringing Gomis back in then I'd drop Alston instead of Telfer but i'd really like to keep yesterdays team.

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

Anything but a win is unacceptable here, we've been poor since the restart but (I think) we've still taken the most points in the league.

Neilson should be the only option at RB for us and if we're bringing Gomis back in then I'd drop Alston instead of Telfer but i'd really like to keep yesterdays team.

If they bring in Gomis, they'll drop Sammon.

No Shitebag tactics please. I will be raging if there is any attempt by M&M to shoe-horn in Miller or Gomis, or Leitch at the expense of a striker.

Assuming Kelly, Hall, Connolly and Dowds are all injured I'd go:

Mutch

Neilson Durnan McClelland Dixon

Morrison Alston Telfer Fotheringham

Sammon Keena

Subs: Cantley, Sneddon, Deveney, Mercer, Gomis, G Miller, Leitch, L Miller, Francis

Attack from the off and we should have enough about us to get the 3 points. Play for a draw and we'll almost certainly end up getting beaten.

Guest Peter LaFleur
7 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

No Shitebag tactics please. I will be raging if there is any attempt by M&M to shoe-horn in Miller or Gomis, or Leitch at the expense of a striker.

Assuming Kelly, Hall, Connolly and Dowds are all injured I'd go:

Mutch

Neilson Durnan McClelland Dixon

Morrison Alston Telfer Fotheringham

Sammon Keena

Subs: Cantley, Sneddon, Deveney, Mercer, Gomis, G Miller, Leitch, L Miller, Francis

Attack from the off and we should have enough about us to get the 3 points. Play for a draw and we'll almost certainly end up getting beaten.

Only change I’d possibly make is Dixon in for Mcclelland and using Deveney left back. Purely to have Dixon centre back against Megginson. I wouldn’t argue with the above though and we definitely need to stick with the same midfield and strikers.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

With all respect going to Cove and worrying about it shows where we are. Hartley’s team beat them easily in the cup.

Mclelland for Hall. Same team and shape. If we lose let’s at least have a fucking go

Got to go all out and try and win this game. If we win, we have a 6 point gap over Cove and possibly at least a 4 point gap over Partick depending how they get on Tuesday / Thursday

We are now at point of the season where draws are no good to anyone.

In terms of M&M keeping their jobs they probably need to win 4 of the next six matches, and win the title, or get up through the playoffs, so its in their interest to attack.

With all respect going to Cove and worrying about it shows where we are. Hartley’s team beat them easily in the cup.

Mclelland for Hall. Same team and shape. If we lose let’s at least have a fucking go

A Championship side against a Highland league side when Hartley was in charge.
Things have moved on, and not for the better either, in part due to his incompetence....