Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

47 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Jennifer Acuri having a heads gone in Aldi. You’d think shagging Boris Johnson would inure you to losing the head at Aldi but no.

https://twitter.com/jennifer_arcuri/status/1666782123632611328?s=46&t=VI9PBOGiArQ8qgQBk99O4w

She's right, this cashless payments nonsense can do one.

On 09/06/2023 at 18:23, ICTChris said:

Jennifer Acuri having a heads gone in Aldi. You’d think shagging Boris Johnson would inure you to losing the head at Aldi but no.

https://twitter.com/jennifer_arcuri/status/1666782123632611328?s=46&t=VI9PBOGiArQ8qgQBk99O4w

Watching that in the browser without logging in the video suggested after that is a Britain First "what happened to London why are there no white people anymore" video.

So it would suggest people upset at Aldi enough to make a video rather than just not shop there are also spectacularly moronic racists.

I think the boy making the video talking about "digital prisons" is a bit OTT...............however this experiment Aldi are doing (Shop n Go) is pretty poorly thought out.

As the guy says, unless you download the app, you cant even get into the shop to buy stuff. Its basically just their way of looking to save on staff costs but I cant see how it works until/unless they make accessing the shop simpler.

Perhaps if we get a microchip implanted in our heads...................

Bill Gates Swag GIF

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I think the boy making the video talking about "digital prisons" is a bit OTT...............however this experiment Aldi are doing (Shop n Go) is pretty poorly thought out.

As the guy says, unless you download the app, you cant even get into the shop to buy stuff. Its basically just their way of looking to save on staff costs but I cant see how it works until/unless they make accessing the shop simpler.

Perhaps if we get a microchip implanted in our heads...................

Bill Gates Swag GIF

If they make accessing the shop simpler then people without the app will have their shopping and no way of paying. 

Far better to screen out the divots before they're tempted to walk out without paying for their six Reinbacher. 

Looks like a decent idea. Far less chance of an incident like last week's five minute delay at the tills while the till wifie discussed cut price dentures with her mate. 

The app looks like a faff but probably worth it to minimise human interaction. 

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

If they make accessing the shop simpler then people without the app will have their shopping and no way of paying. 

Far better to screen out the divots before they're tempted to walk out without paying for their six Reinbacher. 

Looks like a decent idea. Far less chance of an incident like last week's five minute delay at the tills while the till wifie discussed cut price dentures with her mate. 

The app looks like a faff but probably worth it to minimise human interaction. 

Theres a lot of them "experimenting" with shite like this atm.

The big sainsburys we use has (like all of them) loads of self service tills. They have now introduced a system where you need to scan your receipt to open the barrier to exit the self service area !

Someone said "oh its to stop people stealing things" which at first sounds plausible.

Until you think it thru - we usually shop in the big Aldi next door before going into Sainsburys so have bags of Aldi groceries in the trolley already, a thief could still have choried items in the trolley, scan the receipt for some paid items and walk out.

I have still not heard any rational explanation for this "enhancement" to my shopping experience.............

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Theres a lot of them "experimenting" with shite like this atm.

The big sainsburys we use has (like all of them) loads of self service tills. They have now introduced a system where you need to scan your receipt to open the barrier to exit the self service area !

Someone said "oh its to stop people stealing things" which at first sounds plausible.

Until you think it thru - we usually shop in the big Aldi next door before going into Sainsburys so have bags of Aldi groceries in the trolley already, a thief could still have choried items in the trolley, scan the receipt for some paid items and walk out.

I have still not heard any rational explanation for this "enhancement" to my shopping experience.............

You lot obviously aren't to be trusted. 

The fact that you've already planned how to get around their anti-theft measures just confirms it. 

11 hours ago, 101 said:

Watching that in the browser without logging in the video suggested after that is a Britain First "what happened to London why are there no white people anymore" video.

So it would suggest people upset at Aldi enough to make a video rather than just not shop there are also spectacularly moronic racists.

The suggestions for me are vaccines and crisis actors in Nottingham.

She could've gone to Sainsbury's next door.

6 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Gawd dang, missed it. It seems Div’s had to intervene again the Politics Section, near enough a full day’s posts binned on the Monarchy thread. 

Any of the involved protagonists care to offer a considered view? 

Regular troll on his millionth account suggested that posts made there could get the site on the front page of the papers. 

A comment was posted about Charles fingering his wife Camilla. A long term alias guy then put an outraged reply. He'd mistakenly thought the previous comment had been about Charles fingering his dead mother Elizabeth. That same guy also stated he has collected 200 screenshots of comments from P&B that he personally found offensive. He threatened he was going to pester media outlets with this collection of his in the hope one would use them to publish a negative story about P&B. Presumably his hope was that'd then put off advertisers and P&B would lose profitability.

Just now, FreedomFarter said:

A comment was posted about Charles fingering his wife Camilla. A long term alias guy then put an outraged reply. He'd mistakenly thought the previous comment had been about Charles fingering his dead mother Elizabeth. That same guy also stated he has collected 200 screenshots of comments from P&B that he personally found offensive. He threatened he was going to pester media outlets with this collection of his in the hope one would use them to publish a negative story about P&B. Presumably his hope was that'd then put off advertisers and P&B would lose profitability.

Which fanny was this 😂

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Which fanny was this 😂

I'm not the best person to speculate as I don't think I've interacted with him much if at all.

I've seen him get really outraged any time the Orange Order are mentioned critically, also Trump and obviously the Royal family. He'll have other triggers too that I'm missing. Of his aliases; hard to keep track of the account names as he's so committed. 

13 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

TBF with big fat gouty sausage fingers like Chuck’s it’d probably be easier to take if you were dead.