Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I demand that Slippy re-mixes Underworld's 'Born Slippy' with festive lyrics and some sleighbells and calls it 'Santa Slippy'.

Punched boy punched boy
Knife wielding Thailand boy.

Edited by djchapsticks

Seems like there's a lot of good feeling building up as we enter the season of peace and goodwill!

Ones to watch: Gender Debate thread to be gone by Christmas, Nicola Sturgeon thread to be locked and purged, and maybe an intervention in the Indyref thread.

Any other tips for entertainment if the telly gets dull?

Best keep an eye on the Covid thread. The "experts" are crawling out of the metaphoric jungle akin to Vietnam at the reimposition of travel restrictions on China. Some of the takes from the usual suspects are totally wild. They really have been left utterly broken by it all. They still post umpteen times a day about those "affected/broken" by it yet 99.9% of posters on here have long deserted the cesspit of a thread and just got on with their lives. A bit sad to see but a couple of them are building up to a brain explosion (again).

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Best keep an eye on the Covid thread. The "experts" are crawling out of the metaphoric jungle akin to Vietnam at the reimposition of travel restrictions on China. Some of the takes from the usual suspects are totally wild. They really have been left utterly broken by it all. They still post umpteen times a day about those "affected/broken" by it yet 99.9% of posters on here have long deserted the cesspit of a thread and just got on with their lives. A bit sad to see but a couple of them are building up to a brain explosion (again).

I remember taking that thread semi-seriously for 18 months of lockdown 

24 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I'm definitely sensing a brain explosion around here. 

32 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I am assuming that you are in the .1% then.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Best keep an eye on the Covid thread.

Not for all the tea in China.

There does seem to have been a higher-than-usual number of folk simmering through their holiday this year, though. Usually entertaining, but at Christmas it's just a bit sad. 

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Anyone still entering that thread, let alone posting in it, is a fucking psychopath and deserves everything they get. Surely the biggest bin fire in the forums near 20 year existence.

4 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Not sure about the ‘sad’ bit tbh.

15 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

That thread should’ve been deleted at least 18 months ago. Brutal reading.

15 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I remember taking that thread semi-seriously for 18 months of lockdown 

I dunno whether that’s commendable endurance or plain crazy. I managed to read it for about 2 or 3 months from the first lockdown, but by the first summer of Covid, Mallo, Szamo (same poster IMO) and Virginton’s wee stable had turned it into an insufferable pond of pish. 

ETA: Mods, delete the Covid thread to end 2022 with some lolz please.

Edited by 8MileBU

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

That thread should’ve been deleted at least 18 months ago. Brutal reading.

I know where you're coming from, but closing it down would just result in it seeping through to the rest of the forum.

At least now, if someone starts talking about 'plandemics', fascist lockdowns, or the time they refused to wash their hands and everyone applauded, they can legitimately be told to f**k off to the COVID thread without everyone feeling the need to point out what a c**t they are.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

I know where you're coming from, but closing it down would just result in it seeping through to the rest of the forum.

At least now, if someone starts talking about 'plandemics', fascist lockdowns, or the time they refused to wash their hands and everyone applauded, they can legitimately be told to f**k off to the COVID thread without everyone feeling the need to point out what a c**t they are.

Good point well made. I suppose that’s how I’ve subconsciously viewed that thread for the past 18 months or so - Like a holding pen for some utter dregs and dross and skipped by it.

15 minutes ago, BFTD said:

@virginton managed to mention it on the Gender Thread yesterday in a spat with @carpetmonster

34 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Absolutely this. One only has to look at Todd's contributions on the Politics sub. Probably best he's left to the Covid thread where he can at least feel like he's a big deal. As for the rest, Elixir seems caught in a loop of BROKEN SIMPS and HB is just a forum-wide attention-seeker.