Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

On 06/12/2022 at 13:53, Mr. Alli said:

^^^ Rangers wallpaper

giphy.gif love you @Mr. Alli have a great Saturday. love to you and everyone you know bud. Stay strong. PM's are always welcome!

ONLY FOR THE HARDCORE!!!

Edited by SlipperyP

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

this includes the police/immigration any other fucker who gets involved. 

Is it not just the way things are to have to pay the cops something? Sometimes being right isn't enough, rigid trees don't survive strong winds..

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is it not just the way things are to have to pay the cops something? Sometimes being right isn't enough, rigid trees don't survive strong winds..

Yes, I'll have pay (for their services), however, it's the amount is the question.  The injured has asked/requested 50,000 ฿, for medical insurance( it probably cost 1000 baht at the very most)... if (and no I will not pay that) the price from police/immigration will be higher. As they were the there to (help me).

As I said to the police, I'll more than  happy to help pay for his funeral (less baht) than pay his medical.  Not the best starting point for negotiations, but that my stand.  I'm no tree, I will fall one day,  they know I will pay, it's just how much.

sorry must add - if I did pay, they (all of them) know I WILL pay, and they will come back for more., when will it stop?

It stops now!

Edited by SlipperyP

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Yes, I'll have pay (for their services), however, it's the amount is the question.  The injured has asked/requested 50,000 ฿, for medical insurance( it probably cost 1000 baht at the very most)... if (and no I will not pay that) the price from police/immigration will be higher. As they were the there to (help me).

As I said to the police, I'll more than  happy to help pay for his funeral (less baht) than pay his medical.  Not the best starting point for negotiations, but that my stand.  I'm no tree, I will fall one day,  they know I will pay, it's just how much.

sorry must add - if I did pay, they (all of them) know I WILL pay, and they will come back for more., when will it stop?

It stops now!

I know it's not the Philippines, but there are maybe some similarities.  I've not been involved in any issues but a few stories I've heard (especially around traffic stuff) seem to suggest the 1st offer is in the clouds and the 1st counter-offer is zero.  Finally, the tend to meet somewhere around the 10% of 1st offer number.  Good thing here is the witnesses (amazing how many witness accidents in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night) and the police are all paid off of the "victim's" compensation so it's all rolled into one payment.   Much of the time, the foreigner is in the right but that matters not a f**k as we know but when in the right it does help keep the number down. 

I've been chatting with a guy here who was hit by a tricicad and broke his leg bone as well as writing off the tricicad - he had dashcam footage so had a cast-iron case but all that bought him was that the polis just shrugged their shoulders, shook his hand and wished him good luck and fecked off to leave them to sort it out amongst themselves.  Not finished yet, but it seems he is not having to pay anything nor is he getting anything to cover his medical bills. 

9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I know it's not the Philippines, but there are maybe some similarities.  I've not been involved in any issues but a few stories I've heard (especially around traffic stuff) seem to suggest the 1st offer is in the clouds and the 1st counter-offer is zero.  Finally, the tend to meet somewhere around the 10% of 1st offer number.  Good thing here is the witnesses (amazing how many witness accidents in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night) and the police are all paid off of the "victim's" compensation so it's all rolled into one payment.   Much of the time, the foreigner is in the right but that matters not a f**k as we know but when in the right it does help keep the number down. 

I've been chatting with a guy here who was hit by a tricicad and broke his leg bone as well as writing off the tricicad - he had dashcam footage so had a cast-iron case but all that bought him was that the polis just shrugged their shoulders, shook his hand and wished him good luck and fecked off to leave them to sort it out amongst themselves.  Not finished yet, but it seems he is not having to pay anything nor is he getting anything to cover his medical bills. 

^^^ broken BRITAIN for this shite

100% know friend.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Absolutely that’s relevant. Cry more, fan boy. f**k Ronaldo, and f**k Pepe. Delicious. 

“Fan boy” 🫠 Didn’t know you were 16. I’m just looking forward to England losing now, no crying from me moving forward. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Another complete minter for WeeperDee. 

Ah, another wee snider from P&B's copy and paste "historian". 

Who has been missing in action from the Ukrainian thread for about three weeks since he came up against someone who knew what they were on about. 

On 10/12/2022 at 10:19, SlipperyP said:

It stops now!

Not Thailand, but Philippines and Indonesia (and also Romania and Hungary from years gone by). Don’t pay, but don’t refuse to pay either. Say you can’t pay and dig your heals in (although immigration is a problem).

The starting and ending prices will usually be calculated on your ability to pay. If you cannot pay, their expectations will start to dwindle as will their patience. (although they could make your life shitty).

Best to play the smaller man in these instances. 

ETA: I was in Thailand last week and stopped off at Bangsaen beach. Could have been me.

Edited by Tight minge

4 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Not Thailand, but Philippines and Indonesia (and also Romania and Hungary from years gone by). Don’t pay, but don’t refuse to pay either. Say you can’t pay and dig your heals in (although immigration is a problem).

The starting and ending prices will usually be calculated on your ability to pay. If you cannot pay, their expectations will start to dwindle as will their patience. (although they could make your life shitty).

Best to play the smaller man in these instances. 

ETA: I was in Thailand last week and stopped off at Bangsaen beach. Could have been me.

Did you have to compensate people in all those countries?

14 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Who has been missing in action from the Ukrainian thread for about three weeks since he came up against someone who knew what they were on about. 

Aye but fat nurses *Insert Ainsley GIF*.

23 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Another fascinating work of fiction from the forum's resident wet wipe. 

ribery.gif.f72c25fe20b3dda7b063c9745e00b86a.gif