Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

41 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Mods have locked the Stirling meltdown thread.  That might give me a heads gone.  Was just getting going again as well with another new participant.

I can't help thinking that whole charade would make an excellent musical. Hard to keep track of who the 'good' guys are though.

On 15/08/2022 at 14:51, oaksoft said:

A lot of people seemingly happy to dish out personal abuse but not so keen taking it back.

I don't get the point in dishing out personal abuse. Even when someone does it to me, why respond in kind? Where is the fun in that? 

That said, when a thread does start to implode it makes for good viewing...

3 hours ago, Left Back said:

Mods have locked the Stirling meltdown thread.  That might give me a heads gone.  Was just getting going again as well with another new participant.

Doesn't look like a mod locked it, unless there's been another set of name changes. 

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Amazing. Thanks for the head's up.

I guess it's DPB's turn to be on the receiving end of the screeching chimps from the Politics forum. 😂

From page one, that entire thread is a curious broth of virtue signalling, self righteous, sanctimonious tripe and personal abuse.

Won't lie. It's fucking hilarious to read. 😂

Your 52 posts screaming LOOK AT MEEEEEE are pretty far from hilarious. 

33 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I guess it's DPB's turn to be on the receiving end of the screeching chimps from the Politics forum. 😂

From page one, that entire thread is a curious broth of virtue signalling, self righteous, sanctimonious tripe and personal abuse.

You have the 2nd most posts on the thread. 

It's always nice to see a bit self reflection though.

9 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I can't help thinking that whole charade would make an excellent musical. Hard to keep track of who the 'good' guys are though.

rhliston was the good guy, while WC Boggs spend many pages aggressively defending the status quo and the board. WC Boggs's debating technique appeared (and, in fact, still appears) to consist of hurling around "checkmate!" or "case closed!" claims - but without providing any supporting evidence - then trying to shift the burden of evidence whenever his outbursts are challenged.

Typically worded along the lines of, "Show me proof that this didn't happen!"

Recently, however, rhliston has lost all rationality and is getting torn into prospective trust office holders. He alternates between: really putting the boot into 2 of the candidates, urging people not to vote for them; and claiming he doesn't have any interest in influencing the vote and that people should vote as they see fit.

I think that WC Boggs's cray-crayness peaked too early, and rhliston has surpassed him as the maddest lad on that thread 

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

What is it about the Pie and Bovril message board that attracts all these fantasists?

I suppose the internet in general is a breeding ground for these sorts right enough.

Think it as a big family wedding that never ends, where we have all grown up together, some good guys, some utter c***s. We all love each other, but would gladly, sit and watch when it all kicks off, just remember it could be you next.

sorry forgot to add....bitch

Edited by SlipperyP

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

What is it about the Pie and Bovril message board that attracts all these fantasists?

I suppose the internet in general is a breeding ground for these sorts right enough.

My favourite was the guy who appeared in 2020, posted constantly on the Covid thread including about how he'd hired a squad of Ukrainian labourers to build his sons ranch house in Fife and then disappeared as soon as he'd arrived.

Total fantasy

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

So... You agree with him on the period poverty issue? 

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Nope. I don't agree with him at all on that issue and in fact I posted my view the day before praising the SNP for introducing it.

Disagreeing with someone doesn't require a heads gone screeching response though.

People have differing opinions to me and I'm OK with that.

Shut up. You're adopted and everybody hates you!

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

No you aren't, as you've repeatedly shown over multiple threads.

Dunno what you mean. He's always putting on that laugh/cry emoji mask when it might look like he's fuming about something minor.

That's like Batwing's shield of steel.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

On the positive side, it means they leave me the f**k alone.

Which is exactly how I like it.

People are over-rated.

Annoying as they often are, it's a lot more pleasant living with people than living on your own. And it's quite easy to adapt to living with folk after living on your own, I don't think I'd fancy going back to living on my own, attractive as it seems on occasion.

I mind the days when Oaksoft was full of chat about how he couldn't wait to retire so he wouldn't have to endure talking to people like us anymore.

The best laid plans and all that.

22 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Annoying as they often are, it's a lot more pleasant living with people than living on your own. And it's quite easy to adapt to living with folk after living on your own, I don't think I'd fancy going back to living on my own, attractive as it seems on occasion.

I’d add “(most)” before people in that statement. Some people are gibbering nut jobs, and it’s healthier to not live with them…