Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

I've always had a bit of sympathy for Falkirk after all that shite with the SPL over Brockville, but they really don't make it easy, do they.
Didn't they avoid relegation the year before that though as some club went bust? f**k them.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, BFTD said:
I've always had a bit of sympathy for Falkirk after all that shite with the SPL over Brockville, but they really don't make it easy, do they.

Didn't they avoid relegation the year before that though as some club went bust? f**k them.

Aye, Airdrie. I suppose you could also find it amusing that the SPL clubs essentially took a look at Falkirk and went, "eww, no", but that was essentially their attitude to everybody else in Scottish football at the time.

Anyone remember how many clubs in the old First Division actually had a 10,000 seat stadium in 2003? Can't have been many.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Walk away from the topic for a bit, Moomin.

Thankfully I'm good Dele lad, hasn't always been the case but I am enjoying winding them up this time & I am relishing their wee coloured circles. Says a lot about them that the same 5 or 6 peeps are doing it when I haven't mentioned most of them at all, that is what they do & that has been my point from the start. Thanks though because I know that I have reacted disproportionately in the past & I have hurt people I have lashed out unfairly at who were trying to help me, hope all is good with you.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Oh aye, it sounds like you're having a whale of a time. 🙄

You pretend to have a PhD & to have retired from Academia after  selling your Multimillion Pound Business to spend your entire life on a loosely moderated Scottish Football Forum. I also remember the time you should have been emptied from here alongside Tibbermoresaint because of your disgusting attitude towards people who were addicted to drugs and the Mental Health Issues they may, or may not have. I have done not very much with my life, but who cares, all I want is to go & help anyone who needs it, rather than sneer at them while pretending I am somehow better.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Walk away from the topic for a bit, Moomin.

58 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

You pretend to have a PhD & to have retired from Academia after  selling your Multimillion Pound Business to spend your entire life on a loosely moderated Scottish Football Forum. I also remember the time you should have been emptied from here alongside Tibbermoresaint because of your disgusting attitude towards people who were addicted to drugs and the Mental Health Issues they may, or may not have. I have done not very much with my life, but who cares, all I want is to go & help anyone who needs it, rather than sneer at them while pretending I am somehow better.

Welcome back to the topic, Moomin. 

An absolutely needle precise dart through Oaksoft's saft heid. Superb.

4 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

This is fair comment.

• 70s - Absolute joke outfit, regularly ridden raw by everyone (christ even Dundee gave them a 6 and 8-0 one season)
  • 80s - Still fairly shite, although threw in some shocks now and again (beating Celtic away, thumping the DABs 4-1 at home)
  • 90s - An excellent side, great to watch, hamstrung by stadium rules
  • 00s - Meh
  • 10s - Meh
  • 20s - LMAO

ETA: Falkirk threads for this pish

In the 2000s Falkirk won the First Division twice, played five seasons in the top flight and reached the cup final. In the 2010s they were consistently challenging for promotion and reached another cup final. They are on their longest run in the third tier since reconstruction. I don’t follow other teams off field stuff too much but I think they’ve had issues with the boardroom and they seem to try a new long term plan every season only to bin it when they start losing games.

I think Falkirk fans are right to be pissed off at the moment. 

In the 2000s Falkirk won the First Division twice, played five seasons in the top flight and reached the cup final. In the 2010s they were consistently challenging for promotion and reached another cup final. They are on their longest run in the third tier since reconstruction. I don’t follow other teams off field stuff too much but I think they’ve had issues with the boardroom and they seem to try a new long term plan every season only to bin it when they start losing games.
I think Falkirk fans are right to be pissed off at the moment. 
Tbh, the thread itself is absolutely nowhere near a headsgone.

As for the club in general, you all seen the Q&A etc. That's what wev been up against in recent years.

I keep saying it, but theres no "sense of entitlement" or any of that lazy shite that gets fired about from the Falkirk fans on here. Folk now just insist that the Falkirk thread is going to implode after every bad result cos it went mental during our relegation season.

I have a skim thru the Falkirk thread earlier, and no heads gone. The craziest comment I saw was along the lines of "If we fail again this season, a lot if people won't renew their Seasons".

When we all know that there will still be an impressive amount of ST's sold for Falkirk next season*, regardless of what happens this year.

*This is not a slagging, they shift a tremendous amount of STs every year, regardless of league level.

14 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I have a skim thru the Falkirk thread earlier, and no heads gone. The craziest comment I saw was along the lines of "If we fail again this season, a lot if people won't renew their Seasons".

When we all know that there will still be an impressive amount of ST's sold for Falkirk next season*, regardless of what happens this year.

*This is not a slagging, they shift a tremendous amount of STs every year, regardless of league level.

'Impressive' would be withholding ticket sales as leverage until their club board stops being an utter clowncar organisation. Or indeed emptying that board and taking ownership directly as other fanbases have done.

Gurning about how shite their club is in May, gormlessly signing up for season tickets in June, giving it the big licks in July about how big they are and then getting put back in their box again in August is not impressive. They get the crap football club that they deserve.