Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Similar to this, I was on a plane back from Menorca a few years ago. The plane was delayed so the pilot was allowing the kids a wee look at the cockpit. I'm queuing in the aisle with the wee man when I notice a guy a few rows ahead on p&b. Was about to engage with him until I get up there and noticed he was baw deep posting in the Junior's section.

Being the offspring of a juniors poster means it’s likely that’s the first and only time they’ll leave a plane without being forcibly ejected before it takes off. 

2 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I’ve no idea who anyone is on here, nor likely to be recognised.
The joys of being a nobody and a stranger in a strange land

Not true. We’d be the ones nursing an Irn Bru and breaking out in cold sweats as everyone else gets smashed.

Flying back from Florida in 1994 with Air2000 (RIP) and the head steward came up to my brother and I and asked if we wanted to see the cockpit (no euph).  It was crazy in there.  Pitch black outside so the 200 million lights and switches looked very impressive to a 9 year old lad.  *I asked to fly the plane for a bit but was told no as I would kill everyone.

*They just said no but I should become a pilot when I was old enough to.  I didn't for the record.

Edit - This was March 1994 in Orlando, a host city for the upcoming World Cup, and you would never have known.  I don't remember seeing anything advertising it.  Any signs on billboards, any TV shows or adverts advertising it.  It was just Disney everywhere.

Edited by TheScarf

18 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Flying back from Florida in 1994 with Air2000 (RIP) and the head steward came up to my brother and I and asked if we wanted to see the cockpit (no euph).  It was crazy in there.  Pitch black outside so the 200 million lights and switches looked very impressive to a 9 year old lad.  *I asked to fly the plane for a bit but was told no as I would kill everyone.

*They just said no but I should become a pilot when I was old enough to.  I didn't for the record.

Edit - This was March 1994 in Orlando, a host city for the upcoming World Cup, and you would never have known.  I don't remember seeing anything advertising it.  Any signs on billboards, any TV shows or adverts advertising it.  It was just Disney everywhere.

I think I still have my Air2000 model 757 plane somewhere

• 2 weeks later...

Always amusing when a poster decides they're leaving anyway, so why not set fire to the plane and piss out of the windows?

Slightly less so when they're pissing on a persecuted minority, but still.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Always amusing when a poster decides they're leaving anyway, so why not set fire to the plane and piss out of the windows?

One day a hero will rise and take the Falkirk Mafia down from the inside before meeting a gruesome IP ban. 

2 hours ago, MJC said:

Pick that one out Clark ya beardy hobo tramp. GIRFUY

Not quite a heads gone, but you know that MJC will be utterly seething thanks to the Saints comeback. A genuine all time top P&B post. @G51 with some barely concealed tears across a couple of threads too.