Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Chlamydia Kid was a horrific poster. He clearly was one of these scumbags desperate to drag Airdrieonians into the sectarian gutter

As opposed to the Nazi gutter that Airdrieonians have always preferred.

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Ignore lists are for the weak.

I prefer to be challenged by views that differ from my own.

Plus seeing how tragic other people’s existence is can be a much needed boost to my self esteem.

I too cannot understand the ignore thing. Other than a spammer, the only possible reason, an extreme one, is if you are being personally abused by someone but the mods would jump in in this scenario. Just because someone doesn't fit the same cake tin as you shouldn't mean you can't stand reading what they write.

I think if someone is replying to you constantly and just spamming you then ignoring them is the right thing to do.  Being pinged by notifications all the time for stuff like that must be very annoying.  Also, if someone is posting stuff that you really don't want to see or that you find upsetting then just cutting that out is understandable.  P&B is pretty free of that sort of content though.

I'm just too beige to be abused by anyone so don't have to use ignore.

15 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I too cannot understand the ignore thing. Other than a spammer, the only possible reason, an extreme one, is if you are being personally abused by someone but the mods would jump in in this scenario. Just because someone doesn't fit the same cake tin as you shouldn't mean you can't stand reading what they write.

They don't always jump in.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Ah, never thought of that.

The one poster on my list crossed the personal abuse line. I just slapped him on ignore, and my forum experience is better for it.

Understandable then. The example of the list running to three pages twisted my melon.

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Ok, I'll rephrase it. The mods are there to be called upon. Very much doubt they won't act on a report.

If I was a mod 9/10 I'd tell the complainer to put the other party on ignore.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If I was a mod 9/10 I'd tell the complainer to put the other party on ignore.

That assumes that 9/10 of reports are for petty reasons which should not be acted upon. At this point the flowchart probably ends with "forums are not for you".

Edited by jimbaxters

35 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think if someone is replying to you constantly and just spamming you then ignoring them is the right thing to do.  Being pinged by notifications all the time for stuff like that must be very annoying.  Also, if someone is posting stuff that you really don't want to see or that you find upsetting then just cutting that out is understandable.  P&B is pretty free of that sort of content though.

I'm just too beige to be abused by anyone so don't have to use ignore.

F*** you, you Tory c***!

(Will that do?)