Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

57 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

The worst thing about Rab was the Liverpool/Man U banter from a Scot. Had he been born 10/15 years later he'd be a Man Utd supporter. The glory hunter's glory hunter.

Grim O'Grady deserves a mention. Eye bleeding stuff.

Agree with Grim, horrific patter.

On 14/09/2022 at 18:15, jamamafegan said:

I would never slag anyone who is struggling with depression. I just find it utterly remarkable that something so childish is seemingly enough to send grown adults into depression. I would be more understanding if someone was regularly receiving nasty PM’s or horrible comments were being made about them. Red dots on the other hand, they are completely meaningless. It’s a coloured dot on an Internet forum. If someone is depressed simply because of red dots then I would really hope they do the right thing and log out of P&B and seek the help they need.

Getting red dotted regularly every day for no apparent reason might be enough to tip you over the edge if you're already on the verge of depression, though

On 14/09/2022 at 18:27, red23 said:

I've had 3 or 4 complete weirdos stalking me throughout the forum for almost 1 year now doing it. It's bizarre behaviour tbh and the mark of someone who goes to every match on supporters club busses.

Glad I no longer go to away games...

I used to be able to walk to the home ones

18 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Sorry but if that's true then by extension the Internet is not for that person.

Really?

What would be for "that person", then?

A bit of pulling themselves together? 

Manning up?

Stop being wimpish?

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Really?

What would be for "that person", then?

A bit of pulling themselves together? 

Manning up?

Stop being wimpish?

None of those. Simply a realisation that exposing themselves to an activity which is detrimental to their mental health is best avoided. 

That sound OK?

22 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

None of those. Simply a realisation that exposing themselves to an activity which is detrimental to their mental health is best avoided. 

That sound OK?

No it doesn't.

The way you've worded it you'd think they were red dotting themselves.

It's not them using the internet that's the problem here.

I think making sure you’re not in a dotting deficit is pretty important - the ratio should be at least 2:1 of ‘Charles’ given out to reds.

In saying that, I think the reputation system should be binned. I can’t say I understand the concept of middle aged men getting upset about coloured circles on an anonymous football messageboard, however that is the sad reality we live in on The Forum. If disposing of ‘greenies’ and reds would create a more harmonious space for us all to bond (balding middle aged men & young stallions alike) then I’m all for it.

26 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I've linked my P&B and LinkedIn profiles so that my reputation on here is visible to my LinkedIn connections. It's good for small talk in business surroundings.

As someone in the tiny tiny minority who actually uses LinkedIn for actual work, I would shit myself* with joy if someone did this. 

*I make no commitment to actually shitting myself, this is hyperbole.