Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

14 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Grown adults saying red dots on a football forum are making them depressed

IMG_2504.jpg

The human brain is a complex being. Sometimes we control it, sometimes it takes control of us. 

It's not a particularly good look to be slagging folk who are openly admitting they're struggling.

The human brain is a complex being. Sometimes we control it, sometimes it takes control of us. 
It's not a particularly good look to be slagging folk who are openly admitting they're struggling.

I would never slag anyone who is struggling with depression. I just find it utterly remarkable that something so childish is seemingly enough to send grown adults into depression. I would be more understanding if someone was regularly receiving nasty PM’s or horrible comments were being made about them. Red dots on the other hand, they are completely meaningless. It’s a coloured dot on an Internet forum. If someone is depressed simply because of red dots then I would really hope they do the right thing and log out of P&B and seek the help they need.

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Red dots on the other hand, they are completely meaningless.

So why would someone trawl through threads without even reading them to dole out red dots? Presumably it's in the hope of making the recipient a little unhappier, otherwise why bother?

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I would never slag anyone who is struggling with depression. I just find it utterly remarkable that something so childish is seemingly enough to send grown adults into depression. I would be more understanding if someone was regularly receiving nasty PM’s or horrible comments were being made about them. Red dots on the other hand, they are completely meaningless. It’s a coloured dot on an Internet forum. If someone is depressed simply because of red dots then I would really hope they do the right thing and log out of P&B and seek the help they need.

Where has anyone said red dots are what sent someone into depression?

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

So why would someone trawl through threads without even reading them to dole out red dots? Presumably it's in the hope of making the recipient a little unhappier, otherwise why bother?

I've had 3 or 4 complete weirdos stalking me throughout the forum for almost 1 year now doing it. It's bizarre behaviour tbh and the mark of someone who goes to every match on supporters club busses.

19 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Maybe P&B is part of the help the need and they feel harassed by getting constant negative feedback with no explanation.

56 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

He apologised yes, but left it about a week if you’re lucky then recommenced. Sure he enticed the Virgin to get on board too.

You have absolutely no business taking the moral high ground here. You’ve dished out some 17,000 red dots on here, and if our resident Hibs supporting dot auditor was around, I’d hazard a guess that we’d find Marshmallo was on the receiving end of at least 10k of those. That’s mind-bogglingly tragic. You log in each night and trawl through posts from 2015, 2016 etc and red dot them. In fact, there was even a night on here where you complained about having your windows panned in - you still made sure to deliver your quota later on that night. 

You created a fake friend ‘Tony’, complete with text messages to yourself, to harass another poster.

You DM’d other posters to try and start ‘dotting campaigns’ against other posters. 

You boasted about battering a homeless man.

You’re a shit flinger.

You’ve got some brass neck on you, I’ll give you that.

10 minutes ago, red23 said:

I've had 3 or 4 complete weirdos stalking me throughout the forum for almost 1 year now doing it. It's bizarre behaviour tbh and the mark of someone who goes to every match on supporters club busses.

What's wrong with going to every game on the supporter's club bus? That's what I'd do if I had the time/money for away games.

Oh, I see.

4 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

You have absolutely no business taking the moral high ground here. You’ve dished out some 17,000 red dots on here, and if our resident Hibs supporting dot auditor was around, I’d hazard a guess that we’d find Marshmallo was on the receiving end of at least 10k of those. That’s mind-bogglingly tragic. You log in each night and trawl through posts from 2015, 2016 etc and red dot them. In fact, there was even a night on here where you complained about having your windows panned in - you still made sure to deliver your quota later on that night. 

You created a fake friend ‘Tony’, complete with text messages to yourself, to harass another poster.

You DM’d other posters to try and start ‘dotting campaigns’ against other posters. 

You’re a shit flinger.

Now! This has potential! 

Maybe P&B is part of the help the need and they feel harassed by getting constant negative feedback with no explanation.

Is any explanation required? It’s tit for tat playground nonsense and I think it’s fair to say both parties are normally fully aware of what’s going on. I’ve received red dots before (unbelievable, I know) and I’ve responded by either giving some back or doing nothing at all. Never once have I asked for an explanation “can you tell me why you’ve given me a red dot?” Would you not agree that asking such a thing would be an absolute minter?

27 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

You’re a shit flinger.

image.gif.a546af7241939cea8ec380480199b5f8.gif

Still, least I didn’t go out my way to provoke someone who was openly talking about struggling with their mental health.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

Is any explanation required? It’s tit for tat playground nonsense and I think it’s fair to say both parties are normally fully aware of what’s going on. I’ve received red dots before (unbelievable, I know) and I’ve responded by either giving some back or doing nothing at all. Never once have I asked for an explanation “can you tell me why you’ve given me a red dot?” Would you not agree that asking such a thing would be an absolute minter?

Maybe you should take a step back & think about things for a short time? 
For what it’s worth, I think you  are a great poster, I’ve never red dotted you. I’ve no idea how to look up this information, but I would imagine that in total, I’ve given out less than 20 red dots. 
I think Miguel has given a credible hypothesis why dots may affect people. 

2 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

For what it’s worth, I think you  are a great poster, I’ve never red dotted you. I’ve no idea how to look up this information, but I would imagine that in total, I’ve given out less than 20 red dots. 

8, in fact.

I will politely decline to take a step back and think about things, however I appreciate your kind words and have therefore rewarded you with 1 green dot.

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Still, least I didn’t go out my way to provoke someone who was openly talking about struggling with their mental health.

So because someone hasn’t posted about their struggles across a public forum, that gives you carte blanche to spend large periods of your time conducting ‘dotting’ campaigns and trawling through the social media accounts of other posters (as in the Tony thread)? You’re a father of kids, supposedly. Grow up.

11 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

So because someone hasn’t posted about their struggles across a public forum, that gives you carte blanche to spend large periods of your time conducting ‘dotting’ campaigns and trawling through the social media accounts of other posters (as in the Tony thread)? You’re a father of kids, supposedly. Grow up.

You’re just typing hings now eh?

Shut up you silly yap.

Edited by 8MileBU