Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

If you'd 'read this forum for a year' and 'were shocked at the level of abuse' prior to joining, as you claimed, I'm quite sure you'll be familiar with the Helen Lovejoy meme. It's even more common here than on many other parts of the internet, and it's pretty common there too. 

It is probably over a year that I have been reading p and b Carpetmonster.

I wouldn't say I was shocked. It is more the fact I just could not understand how posters can be so abusive to others. There is no need. 

And I'm not a Simpsons fan so pay no attention to meme's of them. I had to google it. 

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Says the man who is so pathetic that he logs in every morning and red dots the same poster, like a big sobbing manchild. 

8mile is up at 1am on a Friday evening red dotting posts from 2014 on the Bundesliga.

Frankly if he carries on this way he can forget about an invite to the weekly fives game.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

They're small coloured circles on a Scottish Football Forum - who cares?

Thanks for quoting.

18 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

8mile is up at 1am on a Friday evening red dotting posts from 2014 on the Bundesliga.

Frankly if he carries on this way he can forget about an invite to the weekly fives game.

It helps me sleep. Usually tucked up by 01:30.

26 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

He'd probably be mair use than you on the park tbh 🤣

4 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

The issue being that when deliberate misinformation is posted and then challenged, the challenge is ignored and the misinformation reappears a couple of hours later. This poisons the debate, and probably leads to some folks getting hacked off and playing the man, given the ball's being studiously ignored. The only way it works is if absolutely everyone else sticks the offender on ignore and due to the fluid nature of forum membership, that's an impossibility.  I've seen this before, lots of times. Appeals to civility while allowing bad faith as long as it's framed in words that wouldn't have the scullery maid clutching her skirt doesn't work. It also renders whatever forum they've occupied worthless. 

You're having a fucking laugh complaining about misinformation.  What about the Stonewall way of misinformation, making companies, councils and emergency services break the law (Equality Act 2010).  That that is real high levels of mis information and gaslighting. 

Congratulations.  

5 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

You're having a fucking laugh complaining about misinformation.  What about the Stonewall way of misinformation, making companies, councils and emergency services break the law (Equality Act 2010).  That that is real high levels of mis information and gaslighting. 

Congratulations.  

I don’t know. What about it? 

3 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I don’t know. What about it? 

Why are you banging on about misinformation then, when you are a staunch defender of Stonewall the masters of disinformation. If you genuinely don't know then read up about it, I have, and the law (Equality Act 2010) is being broken.  I realise you are in the USA and may not be up to date with things. 

Just now, Kenneth840 said:

Why are you banging on about misinformation then, when you are a staunch defender of Stonewall the masters of disinformation. If you genuinely don't know then read up about it, I have, and the law (Equality Act 2010) is being broken.  I realise you are in the USA and may not be up to date with things. 

I don't think I've ever mentioned Stonewall on here with the possible exception that I did find it amusing when they rinsed Allison Bailey in court and she claimed she'd won. 

21 hours ago, strichener said:

This is true of both side of the independence debate unfortunately.

Scotland is more tolerant in one post and then f**k the Tory scum, I wish they would all die in the next.

It's the same with the GERS figures for example.  In one post it is - "look how bad we do in the union" and then the next post is GERS doesn't show accurate data.

I have pretty much stopped posting in the politics forum as it has become an echo chamber and as much as the Indy supporters may deny it, criticism of the SNP is taken as a sign of Unionism.

@Antlion

@Duries Air Freshener and alter ego @Fletcher23 bitching to each other about posters who have them on ignore, and threatening to report them, is quite funny on the Normalisation of the far right thread and across the politics forum. The way it's going they'll have the whole place to themself.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

@Duries Air Freshener and alter ego @Fletcher23 bitching to each other about posters who have them on ignore, and threatening to report them, is quite funny on the Normalisation of the far right thread and across the politics forum. The way it's going they'll have the whole place to themself.

I've not bitched about people having me on ignore, nor have I threatened to report anyone.  I've specifically stated that I don't report people, and urge those who don't want to read my posts to put me on ignore.  It's best for everyone concerned.

Following Tynie's statement, which has been ignored by many, I'm going out my way to play with a straight bat.  I just wish others would do the same.

Nice attempt to create drama by luring me here with a tag though.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

4 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I've not bitched about people having me on ignore, nor have I threatened to report anyone.  I've specifically stated that I don't report people, and urge those who don't want to read my posts to put me on ignore.  It's best for everyone concerned.

Following Tynie's statement, which has been ignored my many, I'm going out my way to play with a straight bat.  I just wish others would do the same.

Nice attempt to create drama by luring me here with a tag though.

It's rude to refer to folk without tagging them, as a stickler for manners you should be aware of this. I wasn't laughing about you bitching about people ignoring you, it was about you and your pal bitching about posters who will never know about it because they have the pair of you on ignore. :lol:

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's them on ignore. Notable that Page 183 now consists of a mere 9 posts (including 2 where 10men has quoted them). 

On 26/08/2022 at 12:29, Marshmallo said:

They're small coloured circles on a Scottish Football Forum - who cares?

You're completely right there m8. I agree 100% with your reasoning here that anyone who spends any significant amount of their time in this mortal coil trawling and reacting to inane chatter has a sad existence and is likely a desperate, empty shell of a human, crying out for the approval of others by any means necessary, akin to how a toddler craves any attention positive or negative. Astute stuff there. Top notch sociology. 👏👏

Edited by cb_diamond