Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

6 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

The Politics Forum should be left as it is to keep a huge number of bores in the one place endlessly swearing at each other. General Nonsense Group Chat have soiled this section of The Forum but it'd be 10x worse if the Politics bores were dispersed into here too.

Can't get my head round the people who join a Scottish Football Forum to primarily post the same inane pish about "politics" and zero about football but each to their own I suppose 

You are comfortably more of a bore than any of them. Is someone forcing you to read the Politics Forum or “GN Group Chat” posts? Can’t get my head around why you wont just use your precious ignore function.

What a pathetic sobbing manchild 😄

Edited by 8MileBU

No, actually it's virtually ALL of you who have ruined that subforum.
It's simply not possible to have a reasonable adult conversation on any topic without it degenerating into persoal abuse at every turn.
You've ended up with the echo chamber you were always after which is a shame because there's lots of important things to discuss.
Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences.

If you are going to post shite then expect to be challenged.

The latest set of sock puppets are different - they only post in the Politics thread with the same cut & paste nonsense to troll and fish wth.

For them the best thing to do is use the ignore function - and encourage others to the same.

16 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The latest set of sock puppets are different - they only post in the Politics thread with the same cut & paste nonsense to troll and fish wth.

For them the best thing to do is use the ignore function - and encourage others to the same.

Unless the shite is in support of the SNP or independence, then it is fine of course.

5 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Freedom of speach should not mean if you do not agree with what is said you can hurl lots of abuse at said person. 

And having a different opinion does not make you a troll. 

I would guess we have different political views but we support the same football team. There is nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Fletcher23

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The issue being that when deliberate misinformation is posted and then challenged, the challenge is ignored and the misinformation reappears a couple of hours later. This poisons the debate, and probably leads to some folks getting hacked off and playing the man, given the ball's being studiously ignored. The only way it works is if absolutely everyone else sticks the offender on ignore and due to the fluid nature of forum membership, that's an impossibility.  I've seen this before, lots of times. Appeals to civility while allowing bad faith as long as it's framed in words that wouldn't have the scullery maid clutching her skirt doesn't work. It also renders whatever forum they've occupied worthless. 

26 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

The issue being that when deliberate misinformation is posted and then challenged, the challenge is ignored and the misinformation reappears a couple of hours later. This poisons the debate, and probably leads to some folks getting hacked off and playing the man, given the ball's being studiously ignored. The only way it works is if absolutely everyone else sticks the offender on ignore and due to the fluid nature of forum membership, that's an impossibility.  I've seen this before, lots of times. Appeals to civility while allowing bad faith as long as it's framed in words that wouldn't have the scullery maid clutching her skirt doesn't work. It also renders whatever forum they've occupied worthless. 

I have never posted misinformation. I have posted facts which I have backed up by links and I have posted my opinion of different things. Just because other posters have a different opinion it does not make mine wrong or mine being misinformation. 

A forum is a better place with posters from all walks of life with different views imo.

There is never an excuse for abuse.

Edited by Fletcher23

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

All seems very hard work to be involved in the back and forthing of the Politics forum.  

Hard work is its own reward. 

It's not for everyone but i've had some interesting discussions on there with people i disagree with.  

I've probably had more tedious discussions with trolling fuckwits though. 

Just now, Fletcher23 said:

I have never posted misinformation. I have posted facts which I have backed up by links and I have posted my opinion of different things. Just because other posters have a different opinion it does not make mine wrong or mine being misinformation. 

A forum is a better place with posters from all walks of life with different views imo.

There is never an excuse for abuse.

You've never posted anything other than bad spelling and worse impressions of Helen Lovejoy. 

30 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

They're small coloured circles on a Scottish Football Forum - who cares?

You must have cared, you gave me a red coloured one for making the same point. 

And I shall get one for making this point because it's peevish, immature and a heids gone. Well, you're free to do so and fine by me :thumsup2

24 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

This is true of both side of the independence debate unfortunately.

Scotland is more tolerant in one post and then f**k the Tory scum, I wish they would all die in the next.

It's the same with the GERS figures for example.  In one post it is - "look how bad we do in the union" and then the next post is GERS doesn't show accurate data.

I have pretty much stopped posting in the politics forum as it has become an echo chamber and as much as the Indy supporters may deny it, criticism of the SNP is taken as a sign of Unionism.

3 minutes ago, Fletcher23 said:

Thank you, that means a lot, whatever it means. 👍

If you'd 'read this forum for a year' and 'were shocked at the level of abuse' prior to joining, as you claimed, I'm quite sure you'll be familiar with the Helen Lovejoy meme. It's even more common here than on many other parts of the internet, and it's pretty common there too. 

Edited by carpetmonster