Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

14 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

See the post above 

I can see quite why this iteration of Stormzy was binned.  Again.  He's a decent-enough bloke when you chat to him but simply hasn't an off switch nor a means to ca canny on his views.

6 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

One thing's for sure, some get away with far worse than Albus posted, on a regular basis.

The big issue here is the politics sub-forum.  @Divwas 100% right when he said, "please be assured that if you resort to over the top personal abuse we will put warnings on your account and if you repeat offend we'll remove you from the forum."

That policy has to be implemented rigorously or the whole sub-forum has to be binned.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

The big issue here is the politics sub-forum.  @Divwas 100% right when he said, "please be assured that if you resort to over the top personal abuse we will put warnings on your account and if you repeat offend we'll remove you from the forum."

That policy has to be implemented rigorously or the whole sub-forum has to be binned.

Is this you falling on your sword? I can't think of a more continually abusive poster than yourself.

The big issue here is the politics sub-forum.  [mention=1]Div[/mention]was 100% right when he said, "please be assured that if you resort to over the top personal abuse we will put warnings on your account and if you repeat offend we'll remove you from the forum."
Youv already tried to police the forum before mate.

It would carry more credibility from someone who isn't a bigot.

Not many people who actually post in good faith get emptied. Stormzy never has, this other idiot certainly doesn't, and you're pretty close yourself these days.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

astonished-woah.gif

I genuinely think Albus/Stormzy just gets bored and decides to go absolutely nuclear and get banned. I actually found a PM he'd sent me ages ago after a few bevvies admitting he was Stormzy. He's actually alright IMO, just goes off on too many absolute troll-a-thons.

He's an infinitely better poster than our resident jake who is a never-ending source of spiteful cliches, general self loathing and complete and utter hatred of the fact that he's scottish. Totally weird. 

21 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Those are serious allegations. I would like to think you are none of those or else you would be banned from the forum. 

TBF he's had wee "holidays" before. One, hilariously, was for abusing the Report function. He's probably had one for the Big Jock Knew stuff, although it's hard to keep track as most of the currants on here seem to have a weird obsession with that. 

46 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

What I don’t understand is if quoted individual has posted racist posts he/she/etc should be banned for life according to the rules of the forum.

Racism
We are active supporters of the "Show Racism the Red Card" and will not tolerate racism of any kind on the board. Anyone posting what we deem to be racial abuse will be banned for life.

They are actually trying to claim 'Tartan Gonk' is a racial slur 🙄

Did anyone ever actually refer to Ryan Kent as "Big Jock" in the end? Oh, the banter!

Anyway, I quite liked Stormzy as he started by admitting he was only going to post to troll the libs/nats/jocks/whoever. Never had to read another one of his posts. Why can't they all be so decent?

Give us a heads up when you open your new account m9. Thanks.

32 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

In the list of things I've been called over the years @Florentine_Pogen saying I'm a homophobe is a new one.   Hopefully he'll realise he's made an arse of himself.

But you are right.  Homophobic, racist and bigoted comments should be dealt with by the mods.  And it is usually done so in a fair manner.

There is, though, a small group of posters who who feel to scream all sorts of abuse at others and accuse them of whatever they like.  Hopefully this attitude will be weeded out over time.

Something I don’t understand.

Why do you continue to post on here when you get a load of abuse for it?

Personally I wouldn’t be interacting with a random bunch of strangers on an Internet forum that gave me that much grief.  I’d logoff and do something else with my time.  

Of course, It’s your choice.  I’d choose differently so have a genuine question about your motivaton.

13 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Something I don’t understand.

Why do you continue to post on here when you get a load of abuse for it?

I post mostly about football.  Well, Rangers.  And I've done so for a long time and see no reason to stop.  It's a multi-club forum so input from fans across the spectrum is what makes the board work.

I sometimes post about politics.  That my mainstream view on a border-free Britain and border-free Europe gets a few daft wee diddies on here in a froth is hardly my problem.

Almost overwhelmingly the blokes who post on here are great and I have a good relationship with posters from many different clubs.  Why should I stop posting because of about a dozen NatWit boors?

If we are all having a moan about moderating inconsistency it was weird that a warning post went up on a sub-forum about name calling where I assume 90% of folk are, if not fully on the wind up, knowing exaggerations of themselves. Everyone in that sub-forum has bought into the game.

At the same time minimising or condoning of rape seemed to be legitimate and accepatble points of view in the marketplace of ideas at the time as is transphobia currently.

13 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

If we are all having a moan about moderating inconsistency it was weird that a warning post went up on a sub-forum about name calling where I assume 90% of folk are, if not fully on the wind up, knowing exaggerations of themselves. Everyone in that sub-forum has bought into the game.

At the same time minimising or condoning of rape seemed to be legitimate and accepatble points of view in the marketplace of ideas at the time as is transphobia currently.

Could be wrong, but I got the impression that just went up because the mods got sick of people whining to them. A better sticky would've been, "abandon hope all ye who enter, for thou shalt receive thy just rewards".

Funny, you'd think the NSFW subforum would be where the controversial action would be at.

7 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I genuinely think Albus/Stormzy just gets bored and decides to go absolutely nuclear and get banned. I actually found a PM he'd sent me ages ago after a few bevvies admitting he was Stormzy. He's actually alright IMO, just goes off on too many absolute troll-a-thons.

He's an infinitely better poster than our resident jake who is a never-ending source of spiteful cliches, general self loathing and complete and utter hatred of the fact that he's scottish. Totally weird. 

Aye he was ok if you just kept the discussion on track. 

It was hilariously obvious it was stormzy but calling it out sent him into troll mode so there wasn’t much point. 

7 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

TBF he's had wee "holidays" before. One, hilariously, was for abusing the Report function. He's probably had one for the Big Jock Knew stuff, although it's hard to keep track as most of the currants on here seem to have a weird obsession with that. 

To be fair, it's not something you see a lot of on here from the regulars. Any BJK stuff is emptied out pretty quickly for what I've seen.

Wider social media is a different story. The 'outrage' at Celtic's past child abuse scandals in itself is one thing.

However, the fact that a great many of them can both be 'outraged' by it yet simultaneously openly revel in the fact it happened - an excuse to use fucking historical sexual abuse of children to point score - is truly one of the most bizarre and disturbing traits of Rangers as a fanbase.

That and all the creepy flag shagging, though both sides are very guilty of that.

Edited by djchapsticks