Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:
A lot of people posting on the covid thread are struggling mentally and are using their posts as a way of defusing their anger and frustration. In that regard it's serving a purpose.
People taking very obvious pleasure in the struggles and suffering of others always marks a low point in human behaviour. [emoji848]
I'll honestly never get my head around anyone doing that.

No-one is taking pleasure - but it's clear that certain posters need a break from that thread. I know I said [mention=56587] Elixir[/mention] but Bob Mahelp is another who seems to lose it at times there.

I've stepped back myself sometimes because I know it's just not worth getting stressed about a thread on a football forum.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

35 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No-one is taking pleasure - but it's clear that certain posters need a break from that thread. I know I said [mention=56587] Elixir[/mention] but Bob Mahelp is another who seems to lose it at times there.

I've stepped back myself sometimes because I know it's just not worth getting stressed about a thread on a football forum.

Which isn't even about football! :lol:

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

A lot of people posting on the covid thread are struggling mentally and are using their posts as a way of defusing their anger and frustration. In that regard it's serving a purpose.

People taking very obvious pleasure in the struggles and suffering of others always marks a low point in human behaviour. 🤔

I'll honestly never get my head around anyone doing that.

@oaksoft I'll tag you as I'm no shitebag

You've some nerve to post about anyone on the Covid thread. As one of the 'main players' you've been nothing but an arse with your condescending posts ever since you entered the 'theatre'.

Have  fucking good HARD look at yourself.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

At least when it's the last piece you will get some enjoyment out of it.

When it's the first, you've basically just pissed the money up against the wall.

That's true - many's the night I've given up before getting started because I couldn't find that elusive 1st piece. 

Christ, the number of times I've had elderly woman moaning at me because we didn't stand and complete any second-hand jigsaw before we sold it. Aye, I'll sack off getting through a few hundred bags of clothes to do a jigsaw we'll end up selling for £3  :rolleyes:

I used to take them home and count them until I realised that "1000 pieces" is a rough estimate and not an exact figure  <_<

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I stopped reading at this point and let my imagination fill in the rest of the post. 

You filthy b*****d. 

I always knew that, one day, somebody would admit to having sexual fantasies about me.

I'll admit, I imagined they'd have more vagina, but you take what you can get in this world.

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The f**k do you work? The British Heart Foundation Morningside branch?

£3 was pretty standard for a used thousand piece jigsaw when I worked for the BHF. They give you a price guide that you're not supposed deviate from. No idea what their prices are like now, but it used to be one-third of the RRP for books, so there were regular tantrums when someone would realise that we were selling (or, rather, not selling) hardbacks for £6+.

Wish I'd kept a copy of that price guide; some of it was mental.

41 minutes ago, BFTD said:

£3 was pretty standard for a used thousand piece jigsaw when I worked for the BHF. They give you a price guide that you're not supposed deviate from. No idea what their prices are like now, but it used to be one-third of the RRP for books, so there were regular tantrums when someone would realise that we were selling (or, rather, not selling) hardbacks for £6+.

Wish I'd kept a copy of that price guide; some of it was mental.

TBH, the complete incoherence of some charity shops' pricing strategy is the main reason I'll rarely pass one by if I've got time to spare....in the last month I picked up the complete Friday Night Dinner box set for a fiver and the Frasier one for I think seven quid.

By the same token, the shop selling the latter was also selling second hand Primark T-shirts for a fiver :)

2 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

TBH, the complete incoherence of some charity shops' pricing strategy is the main reason I'll rarely pass one by if I've got time to spare....in the last month I picked up the complete Friday Night Dinner box set for a fiver and the Frasier one for I think seven quid.

By the same token, the shop selling the latter was also selling second hand Primark T-shirts for a fiver :)

Indeed. They're a lot more professional than in decades gone by though; some bargains you could get back when some were like glorified jumble sales.

I hated poachers like me when I turned gamekeeper  :lol:

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Christ, the number of times I've had elderly woman moaning at me because we didn't stand and complete any second-hand jigsaw before we sold it. Aye, I'll sack off getting through a few hundred bags of clothes to do a jigsaw we'll end up selling for £3  :rolleyes:

I used to take them home and count them until I realised that "1000 pieces" is a rough estimate and not an exact figure  <_<

Staggering revelation this.