Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

I'll hold my hands up if it's me since I'm involved in it, but some of the responses to Shay Logan claiming he was racially abused are a bit unbelievable in the Clyde vs Cove thread.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'll hold my hands up if it's me since I'm involved in it, but some of the responses to Shay Logan claiming he was racially abused are a bit unbelievable in the Clyde vs Cove thread.

Clyde fans being wrong 'uns? I refuse to believe that.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's almost in a permanent state of heads gone, but @Elixir is currently having a nightmare in the Corona thread.

I've been checking it out recently and since the latest restrictions came in there's a lot of broken men in there.  

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not really that unbelievable though for the underlined reason.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

A lot of people posting on the covid thread are struggling mentally and are using their posts as a way of defusing their anger and frustration. In that regard it's serving a purpose.

People taking very obvious pleasure in the struggles and suffering of others always marks a low point in human behaviour. 🤔

I'll honestly never get my head around anyone doing that.

If only everyone was as empathetic as you are when it comes to other people's difficulties.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I actually feel sorry for the academic who petitioned for the name change.

Don't get me wrong. It must be terrible to be dehumanised by others on a daily basis but not only will his actions not reduce the number of people laughing at folk like himself, it will probably make it worse now that he's publicised that he's so triggered by the name calling that he can't pass a packet of sweets in a shop without having a total meltdown. Bullies are going to have a field day with him both online and in person. The likelihood is that people will still just refer to them as midget gems anyway.

So he's gained absolutely nothing and lost a whole lot.

That's always the danger of allowing your ego and sense of entitled self-importance to run away with you.

17 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

If only everyone was as empathetic as you are when it comes to other people's difficulties.

Yup. This was when a poster was getting sympathy on the Covid thread for going through a hard time.

On 22/11/2021 at 10:10, oaksoft said:

I see a bit of nauseatingly fake empathy has broken out on the thread. 🙄

If you guys really care about how people feel, maybe you should look at your own postings.