Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

That whole thread has taken an awful turn. Many posters pointing to his voting record to prove...what exactly?

That he was not a good person.

Liberalism is pretending as soon as someone dies that they worthy of praise no matter how shit they were in life.

he is deid. that is the story. no need for people to indulge us with false praise for someone who doesn't deserve it and has been a cog in bringing misery to millions in this country.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

That whole thread has taken an awful turn. Many posters pointing to his voting record to prove...what exactly?

To highlight of the hypocrisy of blubbering idiots, who don't know the difference between respectful silence and mewling eulogies to a man who wouldn't have given the poor the steam off his pish.

On 16/10/2021 at 13:40, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

That he was not a good person.

Liberalism is pretending as soon as someone dies that they worthy of praise no matter how shit they were in life.

he is deid. that is the story. no need for people to indulge us with false praise for someone who doesn't deserve it and has been a cog in bringing misery to millions in this country.

The taboo that one should not speak ill of the dead goes at least as far back as Chilon of Sparta around 600BC and possibly further
So it predates liberalism by millennia

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Resident yer da @WATTOO taking umbrage on the Ayr thread at people being unhappy that a section of the support sang about hoping Wullie Gibson dies in his sleep. Apparently the world has gone PC mad.

The school of thought that dying in ones sleep is the best you can hope for goes back at least as far as Kenny Rogers in 1978

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Resident yer da @WATTOO taking umbrage on the Ayr thread at people being unhappy that a section of the support sang about hoping Wullie Gibson dies in his sleep. Apparently the world has gone PC mad.

Some very on brand posting from our (I assume) resident GB News viewing regular.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The school of thought that dying in ones sleep is the best you can hope for goes back at least as far as Kenny Rogers in 1978

I reckon Chilon of Sparta could take Kenny Rogers in a square go. Willie Nelson might be a different story. 

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The taboo that one should not speak ill of the dead goes at least as far back as Chilon of Sparta around 600BC and possibly further
So it predates liberalism by millennia

Difference between not speaking ill of the dead and going out their way to praise someone who didn't deserve.

58 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Difference between not speaking ill of the dead and going out their way to praise someone who didn't deserve.

You can dislike people saying nice things about a dead person who wasn't a good person

You can also dislike liberals

It was the connection of the two that I was taking issue with in this instance

But principally I was setting up the Kenny Rogers gag

Hoping for someone to die in their sleep is actually a nice thing to say no? Best way to go IMO. Would be more offensive if Ayr fans sung something like “Wuillie Gibson I hope you’re mauled by a bear” or “wuillie Gibson, I hope you get buried alive” etc.

Hoping for someone to die in their sleep is actually a nice thing to say no? Best way to go IMO. Would be more offensive if Ayr fans sung something like “Wuillie Gibson I hope you’re mauled by a bear” or “wuillie Gibson, I hope you get buried alive” etc.
"Wullie Gibson I hope you're kidnapped, tortured and die in the most painful way possible" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.