Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ach actually I'm kind of messing about because I'm bored - kind of.

I know this place thrives on piss taking and I'll no doubt have said some not very nice things in posts as well.

There is a bit of a culture though whereby individuals get taken against for whatever reason and then it's open season to make up rubbish about them and goad them into reactions which can then be characterised as "head's gone", "meltdowns", evidence of "seething" etc.

It can be relatively harmless, but it can also sometimes not be.  I don't see threads like this as helping with that, but they're popular, so batter on.  

I think the '"if you don't like it, don't read it" line is pretty lame though, when these threads often rely on summoning the latest poor sod to bear witness.

Translation:

"I only took it too seriously before I realised that was precisely why I was being made fun of. I'm now making a half hearted, mealy mouthed attempt at claiming I'm simply stopping other people from becoming upset by also not understanding how an irreverent discussion forum works".

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

Translation:

"I only took it too seriously before I realised that was precisely why I was being made fun of. I'm now making a half hearted, mealy mouthed attempt at claiming I'm simply stopping other people from becoming upset by also not understanding how an irreverent discussion forum works".

Not what I'm saying at all, but don't worry about it.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Surely not tagging someone is worse? Essentially having a go without giving them the notice and right to reply if you don’t. A coward’s move IMO.

There's always the "ignore" function as well, I know there's a couple of posters that are very big fans of it.

4 minutes ago, Pato said:

Prince Philip thread is heating up nicely.

Quality discussion about respecting people's metal health and the forum being exceptionally good at self-policing that type of shit. Hopefully someone loses the head about it so they can be pointed and laughed at in here. 

7 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Marshy openly baiting a Mod is a bold take.

Not exactly dire consequences at stake. Being an internet forum moderator is a made up post in a made up place. It's not like he's taunting an armed polis.

2 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Not exactly dire consequences at stake. Being an internet forum moderator is a made up post in a made up place. It's not like he's taunting an armed polis.

The banhammer hurts man, it hurts in your soul.

2 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

The banhammer hurts man, it hurts in your soul.

Who were you before you got binned? (I saw it mentioned recently you had been emptied previously).

Edit to add: it's completely farcical to suggest a ban is a problem. Literally half the regular users have had previous usernames.

Edited by Sweet Pete

3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Who were you before you got binned? (I saw it mentioned recently you had been emptied previously).

Nah I resigned in a big flouncy pathetic huff, I used to be Moomintroll.

Edited by Perkin Flump
Sleppign