Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

As no one else is taking @Tynierose's hints, I will start this off.

I am fully aware of my role in the demise of the original, but will never allow myself to be dragged back to where I was when that was all going on. Sorry again to all for my role in getting the original binned.

Any cranial detachments noted on the site can be posted here to save the Mods from having to go in search of anything banhammer worthy.

Just now, Perkin Flump said:

As no one else is taking @Tynierose's hints, I will start this off.

I am fully aware of my role in the demise of the original, but will never allow myself to be dragged back to where I was when that was all going on. Sorry again to all for my role in getting the original binned.

Any cranial detachments noted on the site can be posted here to save the Mods from having to go in search of anything banhammer worthy.

Suggest the addition of "Approved by @Tynierose" to the title

The last one was removed after it all got a bit too personal apparently.

I love the headsgone thread, a place where cranial detachments are brought to the masses and enjoyment follows.  If we can play the post not the poster this time.

For those who don't like this thread, it's simple, don't look at it, don't respond and if you're tagged it's not a tractor beam so feel free not to appear.

Let the fun commence...

The real life Peppino Impastato was a hero, a left-wing political activist and journalist who campaigned against the Mafia in Sicily.  He was disowned by his family and then brutally murdered, his body being blown up in a bid to make it look like he'd been preparing a bomb attack.  At the time it was dismissed as either a terror attack gone wrong or a suicide but years later one of the many Mafia pentitos came forward and named infamous boss Gaetano Badalementi as responsible for the killing.  Badalamenti was setnenced to life for the murder nearly 25 years after Impastato was killed.  He died in prison in the US, serving a 50 year term for heroin trafficking, effectively a life sentence for the elderly Badalamenti.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

The real life Peppino Impastato was a hero, a left-wing political activist and journalist who campaigned against the Mafia in Sicily.  He was disowned by his family and then brutally murdered, his body being blown up in a bid to make it look like he'd been preparing a bomb attack.  At the time it was dismissed as either a terror attack gone wrong or a suicide but years later one of the many Mafia pentitos came forward and named infamous boss Gaetano Badalementi as responsible for the killing.  Badalamenti was setnenced to life for the murder nearly 25 years after Impastato was killed.  He died in prison in the US, serving a 50 year term for heroin trafficking, effectively a life sentence for the elderly Badalamenti.

So his head was gone right enough?

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I actually read up on the original as a result of the unhinged one, like you say a hero & a bloody brave man.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

And everything else.

My favourite Pep moment was when he asked @craigkillie what he knew about statistics, receiving the legendary reply "I have a PHD in statistics".

What were the odds on that happening?

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

What were the odds on that happening?

50/50.

He either had a PHD in statistics, or he didn't.