Queens v Raith

Gives us a good amount of breathing space for the main aim, finishing in the top 4, and gives us a wee edge with regards to finishing 2nd. 
First half I thought was perfectly executed and similar to Saturday.  We got a goal, didn't do a massive amount else, but kept the ball really well and didn't give a great deal away to Queens.
2nd half was also similar to Saturday, in that Queens changed their shape a bit and we struggled to get on the ball.  Would be hard to grudge Queens a draw after their possession and chances in the 2nd half, but just a bit of lack of quality in that final third.  We defended very, very well also - both as a defence and as a team.  
I guess Queens could have made changes earlier, but I understand why they didn't necessarily go gung ho for extended period of time - we had enough pace to catch them on the break.
The much maligned (by myself) Ugwu and Davidson were both excellent.  Ugwu gave us exactly what we needed last night, and exactly what we missed on Saturday - energy and a presence up front which helped stretch the play out to their end of the park at vital times.  Davidson was an absolute rock, alongside Benedictus. 
Queens will be fine.  Look a better side then any of the other relegation contenders.
Last night was like the old Mcglynn, where hard work, grit, determination and organisation won the game.  We haven't done that enough this season (Saturday being one prime example), but you could argue that when it mattered most, last night, we delivered.  
With the teams below us playing each other, you would have to say that we are almost there with regards to Top 4.  Some effort.
I think this is pretty much spot on.

The bit of quality in front of goal might have come if the chances had fallen to other players but they didn't. Although to be honest, Obileye has shown he's a better finisher than it looked last night

12 hours ago, qos_75 said:

I think you are right. I just hope we can finish off the season with a couple of wins though, rather than have it fizzle out. 

Given you've got Dunfermline and Dundee still to play, I very much hope you can finish the season with a couple of wins as well. 

I don't think the ball is completely burst in terms of Queens finishing in the top four - if you beat the Pars on Saturday you jump them, and Inverness have to play Dundee and Hearts in their next two games. 

I thought Queens might have gambled a bit sooner last night as goal difference isn't really going to come into it - they'll need more points to finish above anyone else in the top five. 

I thought Rovers sat far too deep in the second half and although we were fairly solid in dealing with balls into the box, you always felt one was going to break for Queens. 

For as much as Willie Gibson will always be a wee Pars w**k, I thought he was Queens' best player by a distance last night. 

Also given Ayr and Morton have still to play Arbroath, there's not a chance Queens are finishing ninth - but just win on Saturday to be sure, eh! 

Edited by Specky Ginger

31 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Hendry at full time 😍

That reaction gives me a glimmer of hope we can keep him for next season, he obviously felt something for the club when he signed at the start of last season.

Edited by keyser_soze

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Hendry at full time 😍

What a team spirit. 

2 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

That reaction gives me a glimmer of hope we can keep him for next season, he obviously felt something for the club when he signed at the start of last season.

Could it be he’s refrained from signing a PCA, or allowing any news of talks, with a Premiership team because he wants to see if somehow Raith can get promoted? Signing a new contract with us would likely unduly restrict him, but Premiership football for the Rovers would certainly increase his contract value, and would be a fitting “payback” by a player who has shown great affection for the team.

2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

If by any miracle we get the promotion these players deserve. I hope Regan gets an international call up. He would fit in instantly in  the Premiership. 

Oh deary me!

Edited by Scottydog

45 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

If by any miracle we get the promotion these players deserve. I hope Regan gets an international call up. He would fit in instantly in  the Premiership. 

IMG_20210329_222248.jpg.e92a862c3c7ae373f596dc6e03e6ed10.jpg

Edited by Raith Against The Machine
Actually, you know what, considering how quickly Nisbet shot through the ranks, maybe you're not going wild. Hendry for Scotland!

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

Might be nice to have two internationals on the squad, eh?

image.jpeg.690252c38e72e6cbed2aa0380bac46f0.jpeg

You know you want it!

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Might be nice to have two internationals on the squad, eh?

image.jpeg.690252c38e72e6cbed2aa0380bac46f0.jpeg

You know you want it!

Hey, I was trying to be positive. I just forgot we already have an International. Bless him. 

37 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

What’s got your knickers in a bunch, my positivity seems to trigger the weak minded

Yup that was it!

The sheer unadulterated lunacy of your thinking Hendry (as good as he is) is anywhere near good enough to be joining the like of Scottish Premier league midfielders like Jack, McGregor and Christie, Turnbull or  even Ferguson let alone the EPL McGinn, McTominay, Armstrong, Fleck.

Then again maybe Regan has an Irish granny.

Edited by Scottydog

20 hours ago, Flash said:

The danger is the players see the top 4 has gone and can’t get motivated, thinking they’re already safe. 

Shirley no? You only need 2 results to go your way in week 25 and you are joint 4th!

It would take an astonishing sequence of results for us to miss the playoffs now, and I’d have bitten your hand off for 4th at the beginning of the year, but I can’t help feel now that sliding down to 3rd will feel really disappointing and will leave us going into the playoffs on a downer, like the Alloa games after we shat the bed on the last game a few seasons back.

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

Yup that was it!

The sheer unadulterated lunacy of your thinking Hendry (as good as he is) is anywhere near good enough to be joining the like of Scottish Premier league midfielders like Jack, McGregor and Christie, Turnbull or  even Ferguson let alone the EPL McGinn, McTominay, Armstrong, Fleck.

Then again maybe Regan has an Irish granny.

Nae worries auld yin. So he’s pish in comparison to the above alumni. Okay then. 

2 hours ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:
What’s got your knickers in a bunch, my positivity seems to trigger the weak minded

It's unsettling seing you being overly positive.

Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office