Queens v Raith

Match was lost in first half - a really sloppy, insipid performance in that period. To be fair Raith were little better but in typical fashion we conceded a really poor goal with Buchanan not tracking the near post run. We certainly had loads of half chances - Ayo fluffed his two big chances and Dickson was a little unlucky with his shot. Overall looked like we could play all night and not score. Very disappointed with both Shields and Mabude tonight - didn’t really offer much at all when we really needed them. Gibson for me was comfortably our best player.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

No danger of you lads being dragged into the relegation spots. Genuinely stunned how well you turned around your first 3rd. We did well tonight to grind out a win but Queens had chances. You might not make the playoffs due to goal difference but you’ll be looking up not down.

I think you are right. I just hope we can finish off the season with a couple of wins though, rather than have it fizzle out. 

Just now, qos_75 said:

I think you are right. I just hope we can finish off the season with a couple of wins though, rather than have it fizzle out. 

Just do us a favour nd pump that shite on saturday for us :D

...due to some fanny eating a bat...

[emoji38] Accurate but still an amusing sentence.

Much better from Queens second half, probably worth a point for that alone.  Superb organisation and teamwork from Rovers though and they deserve 2nd place in the league.
Big Obileye, Dickson and Mebude really unlucky not to score.  Really does my nut in why Alan Johnston doesn't bring on a potential game changing sub like Jones earlier than 80 minutes - give them at least 30 minutes for heaven's sake.

FTFY. It's harsh on every other manager to tarnish them with this brush. Johnston is the only one in the world who leave a player like Jones on the bench when they're side is behind and needing 2 goals.

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

Saturday is huge. Dundee v Inverness and QOS v Dunfermline so somebody is dropping points. A win at Alloa and it’s done 

ICT V Dundee is next tuesday 

Match was lost in first half - a really sloppy, insipid performance in that period. To be fair Raith were little better but in typical fashion we conceded a really poor goal with Buchanan not tracking the near post run. We certainly had loads of half chances - Ayo fluffed his two big chances and Dickson was a little unlucky with his shot. Overall looked like we could play all night and not score. Very disappointed with both Shields and Mabude tonight - didn’t really offer much at all when we really needed them. Gibson for me was comfortably our best player.
No mention of AJ's masterclass? I'm quick to criticise him but I give him credit where it's due.

7 minutes ago, The Stig said:

Come on, win on Saturday, I believe, guarantees a playoff spot and would also relegate Alloa

Correct, a win Saturday assures playoffs regardless.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, The Stig said:
Come on, win on Saturday, I believe, guarantees a playoff spot and would also relegate Alloa

There's absolutely no danger Raith don't get a playoff spot now.

I’d love to believe that, but it is entirely possible, however unlikely.

More interesting is the other contenders, and will the Pars collapse or revive? I can certainly see Queens in fifth as a real possibility...fourth is much less likely,

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

FTFY. It's harsh on every other manager to tarnish them with this brush. Johnston is the only one in the world who leave a player like Jones on the bench when they're side is behind and needing 2 goals.

^^^^^^ Totally this.  These last 4 games should be treated like cup finals, you play every card you have ........ (sod the mixed metaphors ....)

Job done. It was quite a similar game to our outing at Cappielow. Got the goal we needed and with ten minutes left you knew it was backs to the wall. With five minutes left the shithousing really kicked in and we got over the line. 

Collectively as a team, they deserve praise for getting a win against team who can be excellent on an inconsistent basis. Our defence were perfect in the second half, and Queens were limited to half chances from distance. Given we've had some real issues with handling set pieces and balls into the box tonight we cleared pretty much everything chucked at us. Going forward, every player looked comfortable finding passes and we didn't give the ball away too cheaply. Hendry and Spencer looked full of confidence and both Armstrong and Kennedy looked comfortable and managed to find space at points. 

Special mentioned for the much maligned duo of King and Ugwu. King had his best match for us tonight and Ugwu put in an outstanding shift. Won everything, got a goal and was working tirelessly until he went off a few minutes before the end. To win with so many key players out is excellent. Combine that with the result as East End Park and we're in an incredible position. On to Alloa at the weekend where we've always been inconsistent. A win there guarantees us playoffs. Even then with teams playing each other it would require a pretty catastrophic collapse to not make them. For now, we'll just enjoy where we're at as a club. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

emoji38.png Accurate but still an amusing sentence.

I strongly suspect the physio/medic would have had a say in that.  He is an AJ type player who he would want to have on as much as possible.

2 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

We can only speculate

I think Vaughan is being nursed along which I totally agree in  it would be hard playing two games in under a week on relatively poor Astro  surfaces likewise macdonald who was injured against the Pars and probably still isn’t 100% in the end it couldn’t have went any better tonight so hopefully back to full strength on Saturday and seal a play off place

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We need to have our eyes on 2nd now. If we can manage to do that and avoid the early games of the play offs we might, might just have a chance.

Yes, we need to aim for 2nd. If Dundee beat us to 2nd  I don't think we'll have the stamina to play Inverness twice (likely) then if we get through Dundee twice, then probably Ross County or Killie. It would be a tall order.

Yes, we need to aim for 2nd. If Dundee beat us to 2nd  I don't think we'll have the stamina to play Inverness twice (likely) then if we get through Dundee twice, then probably Ross County or Killie. It would be a tall order.

We need to avoid Inverness, period. Them in the play offs would be the ultimate damp squib.