Queens v Raith

Good side Raith, but we knew that.  Wee John McGlynn has been speaking to Neil McCann, both ICT and Rovers are denying our front guys space for the through ball - tactically sound.

Buchannan has to at least make some kind of effort to try to deny the goal though.

I like wee Mebude but his decision making just isn't great is it?

Final thought - why is it that full time professional fitba players can't keep the ball down - or at least ours never can.

Delighted with that first half performance given how sceptical I was prior to the game. We've had to work hard but we've come into the game quite a lot. I feel Maxwell has been excellent and had the better of Tumilty on every occasion bar one. The one where Tumilty got through, he's got lucky and it found it's way to Armstrong in the build up for the goal (I think anyway, might be wrong). Ugwu and King have had their best games in Rovers shirts so far. Ugwu in particular has been excellent at bringing down the ball and holding it off for Armstrong, Kennedy and Hendry to get involved. 

Mebude's judgement has let him down at times but he's not far away from causing issues. The match along the road has just ended 0-0 so if we can go on and keep a clean sheet in the second half we'll be in a fantastic position. 

Well AJ,  time to earn your corn or our top four hopes will disappear with a whimper. A change of shape or a couple of substitutions is needed to get some urgency in the team. We definitely don't look like a team playing for a top 4 spot. 

Repeated showings of the MacDonald “interception” doing nothing for your case imo, queens boys.
I'm not arguing it's not a foul. I'm saying it's a ridiculous rule. If the GK is stupid enough to roll the ball there then the striker shouldn't be penalised.

A draw would be a fair reflection but can't grudge Raith leading. They've at least threatened. Apart from Dapo shooting way over from a good position we've offered nothing. We've had a lot of the ball but haven't threatened Raith. I'd be tempted to get McKee on soon. He's the one most likely to find a through ball. McCabe has had a lot of the ball but either went sideways or back. We haven't got anyone in the middle who will play a through ball. Something needs to change or it'll be a comfortable second half for Raith.

Raith deservedly ahead and looking incredibly comfortable.

It's all very well having pacey players but neither Mebude or Fitzpatrick have any awareness whatsoever of where their teammates are when they are on the ball.   As usual, Shields is creating openings but no-one apart from Maxwell seems to be arsed pushing forward in support.  Given how effective Dickson was in CM on Saturday I've no idea why he is stuck out wide tonight.  Gibson seems to have lost the ability to direct a pass lately, and as for Buchanan...

We all know how reluctant he is to diverge from his pre-match plan, but if AJ doesn't make changes then we're goosed.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

That's a disaster of a line up. Enforced, but a disaster nonetheless. 

There are no good options up front with Vaughan and Gullan out so looks like Ugwu's number came out the bingo caller first. 

Home win. 

Looks like Ugwu will be enough no need for Vaughan and Gullan .

Queens playing like it is a pre season friendly very poor  going through the motions only player trying to make something happen is Gibson .

AJ must use his subs now try and change the game get Jones and Pybus on get a bit of energy about us