Queens v Raith

If we play like the last 30 minutes and capitulated like we did against Arbroath, then we’ll get a scudding. Still can’t understand how that happened. Without Gullan we are very ordinary. Duku and Ugwu are truly awful and I seriously can’t wait to get rid. 

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

If we play like the last 30 minutes and capitulated like we did against Arbroath, then we’ll get a scudding. Still can’t understand how that happened. Without Gullan we are very ordinary. Duku and Ugwu are truly awful and I seriously can’t wait to get rid. 

If it wasn’t for Duku’s goals in the earlier games this season we wouldn’t be where we are. Gullan has only picked up some form in the last couple of games. I don’t think he touched the ball up at Inverness in the 0-0 game. Ugwu much more threatening in that game, and on an other night should have scored at least one goal.

To quote “truly awful” is just quite simply in correct my friend. Ineffective in the latter stages of the season? yes, but not awful. 

Choice of viewing tonight, eh?  Pochettino v Flick or AJ v JMcG?  Hardly a difficult decision is it - time to get that QOS log in page loaded ASAP!

So, on to the big match tonight.  Haven't seen a lot of Rovers this season, trouble is when I have seen them (I didn't see our game at Starks in December unfortunately) they've been really decent and a good watch and so that gives me the fear.  Add to the mix that I've always liked listening to wee John McGlynn who seems a really decent stable and knowledgeable coach at this level of the game here and I'm sure that JMcG will have watched how ICT negated our threats last Saturday, and this increases my worries for tonight.  But of course like all QOS fans I always have doubts every time we take to the park so no change there then.  In summary, I've no bloody idea how this will turn out tonight but just hope AJ can maybe use the bench more second half if Plan A isn't working ........... this is where the Pars will pile in to wet themselves laughing at that prospect ever materialising!

4 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

I don't think we'll play the subs that were so anonymous when they came on against Arbroath, it must have been obvious to McGlynn that was a mistake. I think it'll be a tight game, I don't see a scudding coming. I'm not sure if Duku has been awful, but Ugwu has been a big disappointment, and I'd add King to that.

5 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

If we play like the last 30 minutes and capitulated like we did against Arbroath, then we’ll get a scudding. 

Or look at this way, if we play like we did against Dunfermline....you see where I'm going with this? 

36 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Or look at this way, if we play like we did against Dunfermline....you see where I'm going with this? 

Yes, on our game we are a better team than Queen's. But as we know the team has  a collective weakness where all cohesion suddenly evaporates. I don't know whether to be optimistic or downbeat about tonight's game. We're far from guaranteed a result, but I think it all depends on how WE play.

42 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Or look at this way, if we play like we did against Dunfermline....

Nah, you really don't want to do that ....... that's the kind of performance you need to reserve just for your local rivals ......... no need to roll out that level of Guardiolaesque stuff against poor wee QOS guys for goodness sake - ah mean, geezabreak ...

Yes, on our game we are a better team than Queen's.

I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion. In both games this season neither beaten side has played well. The first game we were absolutely awful. That we scored twice was incredible in itself. The second meeting Raith fans commented it was the worst they had played in a good while.

When this group of players show up they're capable of beating any other side in the division as well.

So... that's a choice. 

I'm going to assume Kieran MacDonald and Lewis Vaughan were ruled out and McGlynn worked backwards from there.

Armstrong needs to go in at left back, so giving him a wing back role should give him the best chance. That means Davidson (or Cooney, I suppose) has to come in to make up a back three. 

Vaughan dropping out completely makes a huge difference to the attack, especially without Gullan. I think Kennedy has to be in there to provide the dynamism and the movement behind Ugwu. You could make the argument for Duku, but they've been much of a muchness for months. 

And King? Well, King provides... something? Presumably he's in there again to play the Matthews role, but we've seen absolutely nothing to suggest he can. Maybe tonight's the night... 

3 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Suspect Jones can’t be 100% - no Dobbie on bench either?

No need to worry we've put Davidson back in, no doubt will lose his shit and be booked and or sent off. We're also alot weaker without Vaughan, Gullan and Matthews. Ugwu has shown nothing all season and King looks like a player that should be playing at least a league below the Championship.

So... that's a choice. 
I'm going to assume Kieran MacDonald and Lewis Vaughan were ruled out and McGlynn worked backwards from there.
Armstrong needs to go in at left back, so giving him a wing back role should give him the best chance. That means Davidson (or Cooney, I suppose) has to come in to make up a back three. 
Vaughan dropping out completely makes a huge difference to the attack, especially without Gullan. I think Kennedy has to be in there to provide the dynamism and the movement behind Ugwu. You could make the argument for Duku, but they've been much of a muchness for months. 
And King? Well, King provides... something? Presumably he's in there again to play the Matthews role, but we've seen absolutely nothing to suggest he can. Maybe tonight's the night... 
It will be the same formation as we've been playing with musonda at lb. Armstrong and ugwu up top.