Queens v Raith

This is a game we have to win after today I just can't see it .

Raith have been excellent recently another very difficult game .

Raith will show us what it is like to pass a ball and keep it l not just hit long high balls all the time and hope for the best .

Well, we weren't very good today if that gives you more confidence. Plenty of possession but we created few changes and switched off around the 60 mark. 

Given our position this is must not lose rather than must win. But QoS really need the result and this is going to be a very hard game. 

I'll take any outcome that means we are still second at the end of the game. 

Edited by Michael W

We are masters at letting two goal leads slip, albeit usually at home. This has the makings of a home win and I'll take the draw now if you're happy to settle for that.[emoji6]
I wouldn't seriously argue that QoS are the best team at anything but in regards to losing two goal leads just you get your arse behind us.

After today I'm deflated and not optimistic about this one. For all our possession for an hour we created little, then capitulated after shite defending gave Arbroath hope. I suspect we will carry on where we left off today into Tuesday's game.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Gullan and Vaughan, easy win.

Vaughan and Matthews, comfortable win.

Vaughan, a chance for a win.

Davo, oh Jesus knows what happens.

I hope Matthews is fit to play, otherwise we might well see Davo. I wold say its rouhly 50/50 or better that he has a decent game than have a brain fart or do a clanger. I wouldn't be overly worried if he started, but I expect him to be on the bench.

I wouldn't be confident of a win even if Gullan and Matthews did start.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Davo, oh Jesus knows what happens.

24 minutes ago, embow said:

I'm glad someone does.👍

20 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Christ knows how this one will go. After today I think I’d be happy with  just not losing 

Apparently the Lord has high interest in this game, but if we’re lucky, when Jesus saves, Armstrong will pot the rebound! We need something up front, either Gullan or (perhaps) Smith to join Vaughan? Lewis alone isn’t working, much as Duku has vanished.

In reality, with Dunfermline and Dundee playing each other, Queens being another contender, and this being the game in hand over ICT...a draw is actually fine.

A win would be massive though, especially after dropping daft points at the weekend. 

A draw is fine in top 4 terms, in second place terms matching Dundee’s result is fine provided we don’t both lose.

We can be six clear of 4th, or three clear of 5th by full time. Top 3 guaranteed or needing to pull a win out against Dundee or Hearts to guarantee the play-offs at all.

Must not lose, rather than must win I think. But a win would be huge, it would make up for Saturday’s mistakes and allow for error in the final two with Dundee/Hearts.

Gullan being fit is the key. Not expecting Matthews but would be great if he appeared.

2 hours ago, Paco said:

A draw is fine in top 4 terms, in second place terms matching Dundee’s result is fine provided we don’t both lose.

We can be six clear of 4th, or three clear of 5th by full time. Top 3 guaranteed or needing to pull a win out against Dundee or Hearts to guarantee the play-offs at all.

Must not lose, rather than must win I think. But a win would be huge, it would make up for Saturday’s mistakes and allow for error in the final two with Dundee/Hearts.

Gullan being fit is the key. Not expecting Matthews but would be great if he appeared.

Gullan and Matthews need to be fit for Dundee. If playing before that would possibly make that impossible, I’d swaddle them in bubble wrap and rest them. Would I like them to play, he’ll yes...but not if there is any risk with the current injuries. Almost any way you slice results, the Dundee game is likely to be the pivotal one.

4 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I think we need to go for it and play the best team available for whatever opposition we're facing. It's too late for squad rotation if players are fit

Resting Gullan and Matthews isn't rotation if they aren't fully well, it's trying to get the most when needed.