The Almighty Hibernian FC’s European Tour 2021/22

Les Cabbage

1 hour ago, FortescueFotheringhamSmyth said:

😮🤔 An acquaintance who is a staunch follower of a British team went to Shkupi a few years back. Some restless natives blighted his trip. We can't go, but the utter Balkan bollocks that reared its head yet again in the Austria v North Macedonia game this week isn't something I have a lot of time for. I'd seal off the Balkans from the rest of Europe... but I'd send a couple of Arsenal players back "home" first. The erse cheeks are bad enough, but this "Albanian community" shite that defines Shkupi/Sloga belongs in the 1300s. As Mark Renton says of Mikey Forrester, I'd want nothing to do with the cnuts! Kosovo would be even worse... and we'd have maybe a 45% chance v. Shkupi/Sloga. Less than that as a percentage chance v. Valerenga, even though 11 points from 7 games is only a steady start in Norway this season.

Gibraltar/Andorra is a bye. Larne/Bala would be hard to shag up. Bohs should best Stjarnan and I'd not be overly confident of our chances at Dalymount. Cannot complain about the selection of possible opponents though. Sheep could go to Sweden, Belarus or Kazakhstan, which are all at least as hard as Shkupi. Might get Sligo (nice town) or a bye in Lithuania.

What happened?

16 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Uefa have banned away fans for the qualifying rounds. 

Andorra would have been fantastic. 

We’ve also been told not to travel London on for the game on Friday without a ticket…..my train leaves at 8:52 tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Uefa have banned away fans for the qualifying rounds. 

Andorra would have been fantastic. 

I am in Whitby that week................I will pretend I am away in Andorra 😁

Champions League preliminary round tomorrow. Andorra champs Inter d'Escaldes are big underdogs (7/1) against Faroes champs HB Torshavn, in a one-leg tie on neutral territory... in Albania😮. They finished 6 points ahead of possible Hibees' opponents Santa Coloma. 1 win and 3 draws for Inter in the 4 games v. SC. It'll give an indication of how gash the Andorra league is. The preliminary round is a 4-team tournament. Folgore of San Marino play Prishtina of Kosovo in the other semi. On neutral territory. In Albania🤣. I thought Albania must be slipping envelopes to UEFA when they were awarded the final. A Kosovo team playing in Albania is about as neutral as Celtic playing on the green in the middle of the now demolished Divis Flats. 

Edited by FortescueFotheringhamSmyth
Typo

Inter d'Escaldes beat HB Torshavn 1-0. 

HB drop into the Europa Conference League... but can't play Hibs, as they're on the "Champions' Path" and Hibs are on the "League Path."

Fair performance by the Andorra Champions. Whichever end of Espana or Hibs go to, this is still a bye. Albion Rovers would be about even money to best S.Coloma or M.Calpe over 2 legs. Anything less than 4 at home or a 2-goal margin away and the 1st "Ross Out!" thread will be up on Miggs.Net.

On 21/06/2021 at 22:43, FortescueFotheringhamSmyth said:

Champions League preliminary round tomorrow. Andorra champs Inter d'Escaldes are big underdogs (7/1) against Faroes champs HB Torshavn, in a one-leg tie on neutral territory... in Albania😮. They finished 6 points ahead of possible Hibees' opponents Santa Coloma. 1 win and 3 draws for Inter in the 4 games v. SC. It'll give an indication of how gash the Andorra league is. The preliminary round is a 4-team tournament. Folgore of San Marino play Prishtina of Kosovo in the other semi. On neutral territory. In Albania🤣. I thought Albania must be slipping envelopes to UEFA when they were awarded the final. A Kosovo team playing in Albania is about as neutral as Celtic playing on the green in the middle of the now demolished Divis Flats. 

Interesting and informative posts, why do you have a negative reputation... 

Mons Calpe 1, Santa Coloma 1.

A potentially crucial away go... ehhhh... Nope! They no longer count as a tiebreaker, do they?

Anyhow, smiling faces on anyone who booked a £20 return to Barcelona; frowns on those who opted for the £30 Sevilla deal. Those who've booked for the Costas, prepare to turn right.

Being humiliated in the qualifiers would involve going out to a side you are seeded to knock out - especially from a country ranked below 30.
McInnes' AFC never did this in seven seasons - and I think Hibs last two efforts produced decent efforts against Brondby and Asteras - before losing to comfortably Molde, who have a good pedigree.
They wouldn't have been seeded against Malmo either - but it's hard to argue that wasn't a bit of a embarrassment, due to the arse collapse at Easter Road rather than the quality of opponent.
In terms of real humiliations in recent times that would be Hearts v Birkirkara, Kilmarnock v Connahs Quay, Motherwell v Stjarnan, St Johnstone v Alashkert/Trakai and Sevco v Progres Niederkorn. 
The Red Final turd-o-meter explains things.
image.thumb.png.086336c3c6f609ef38222abd16811338.png

So basically Celtic continually letting Scottish football down

So, the draw is the 16th of June for the Intertoto Cup 2nd qualifying round and here’s an indication of who we could get, it’s not fully up to date but it’s a fair indicator,
I expect they’ll regionalise the pots so we’ll be looking at the clubs from Faroes, Finland, Norway, possibly Sweden, Iceland, NI or Wales in all likelihood.
You’ve got to expect us to win this round,

Now there's a bold statement