The Almighty Hibernian FC’s European Tour 2021/22

Les Cabbage

FT: 3-3.

At least it's not Dinamo Zagreb on Thursday. 10 shots on target and 18 corners but lacked a serious threat up front... in spite of scoring three. Rijeka three hit 'n' hope strikes.

Rijeka are still uncomfortably useful. 

Hibs outsiders for the tie but it's not Mission Impossible.

Being able to make five timewasting substitutions after the 65 minute mark stinks. Three is plenty👴.

Edited by FortescueFotheringhamSmyth

Rijeka will be pretty happy with getting a draw there, as Dinamo almost always win that league. To put it into context Dinamo knocked Spurs out of Europe last season (lost 2-0 in London, won 3-0 a.e.t. at home), and that was against a full-strength Spurs team as winning the UEL was by then their best chance of qualifying for the UCL. Rijeka aren't as good as Dinamo, but that's still a level or two above where Hibs normally are.

As for the draw, I think Feyenoord / Luzern would be best. Feyenoord barely squeaked past some Kosovon mob in the second round and if the Swiss upset them, that would be a winnable tie as well. St Johnstone beat them on pens 5-6 years ago.

9 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Rijeka will be pretty happy with getting a draw there, as Dinamo almost always win that league. To put it into context Dinamo knocked Spurs out of Europe last season (lost 2-0 in London, won 3-0 a.e.t. at home), and that was against a full-strength Spurs team as winning the UEL was by then their best chance of qualifying for the UCL. Rijeka aren't as good as Dinamo, but that's still a level or two above where Hibs normally are.

As for the draw, I think Feyenoord / Luzern would be best. Feyenoord barely squeaked past some Kosovon mob in the second round and if the Swiss upset them, that would be a winnable tie as well. St Johnstone beat them on pens 5-6 years ago.

Paok wouldn't be bad either. Greek sides have started really poorly in Europe this season. 2 out of 4 already out.

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

Thank f**k fans canny go, we’d get a battering dished out on and off the pitch.

Now, now!

Phibsborough is a mite down-at-heel (I used to live there) and the Notorious Boo Boys make a lot of noise and make some lovely banners - between beard trims, drinking cups of soya cappuccino and eating avocado toast sandwiches - but the Tallaght mob can usually handle them in Dublin Derbies, so I reckon the CCS will do OK.

typo

39 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Those flags are embarrassing. 

Fat Boy Slim was so impressed by this that he got in touch with the Notorious Boo Boys and had a large print of the original photograph made, so he could hang it in his crapper.

Bohs have picked up pretty well after a shaky start. Might make the play-offs if they were in the Championship, but L.o.I. games are much slower and more technical than the 2nd tier in Scotland.  They are not totally without a squeak against PAOK. 

CMUUjvCWgAAtfWF.jpg

typo

5 hours ago, FortescueFotheringhamSmyth said:

Now, now!

Phibsborough is a mite down-at-heel (I used to live there) and the Notorious Boo Boys make a lot of noise and make some lovely banners - between beard trims, drinking cups of soya cappuccino and eating avocado toast sandwiches - but the Tallaght mob can usually handle them in Dublin Derbies, so I reckon the CCS will do OK.

For a start the game would be in the Aviva. Last time Bohs Casuals and Rovers mob had a proper dust up Hibs CCS were in attendance with Rovers and got their arses handed to them by Bohs..  As for the hipster pish, it's the drivel I'd expect from a Jambon...And lastly the NBB are not the Bohs Hooligans... other than that you are spot on ha

Unlikely we will get past PAOK anyway, a step up maybe just too far..

Edited by Bohemian

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

For a start the game would be in the Aviva. Last time Bohs Casuals and Rovers mob had a proper dust up Hibs CCS were in attendance with Rovers and got their arses handed to them by Bohs..  As for the hipster pish, it's the drivel I'd expect from a Jambon...And lastly the NBB are not the Bohs Hooligans... other than that you are spot on ha

Unlikely we will get past PAOK anyway, a step up maybe just too far..

🐟🙂🎣Yeah... I know all that... I used to live in St.Ignatius Road.

I used to walk round the 'Joy to watch Bohs quite a lot in Long's first two seasons.

Used to walk down to Inchicore too, but not keen on Tallaght or that mob down there in general and, though Shels is an easy walk, I didn't want to intrude on private grief. Never went to a Bohs v. Rovers game. Seemed very minor league and even then was attracting morons from the UK, Poland and The Lord alone knows where else.

You're not that feckin' eejit Fairnie... who remarkably appeared quite normal the one time I met him, 10+ years back... are ye? Your style suggests you could be related🤔. I might get around to drawing-up a list of Hibbies banned as suspected Jambos on Miggs.Net... When I get a spare hour🙄. (I admit I nicked the "Miggs.Net" title from Kickback. It's apt for that forum🤯)

22 minutes ago, FortescueFotheringhamSmyth said:

🐟🙂🎣Yeah... I know all that... I used to live in St.Ignatius Road.

I used to walk round the 'Joy to watch Bohs quite a lot in Long's first two seasons.

Used to walk down to Inchicore too, but not keen on Tallaght or that mob down there in general and, though Shels is an easy walk, I didn't want to intrude on private grief. Never went to a Bohs v. Rovers game. Seemed very minor league and even then was attracting morons from the UK, Poland and The Lord alone knows where else.

You're not that feckin' eejit Fairnie... who remarkably appeared quite normal the one time I met him, 10+ years back... are ye?

I know it well, lived around the corner and I went to school in St Vincent's.. 

The morons coming from the UK is not a new thing no, they reckon cause its easier to get away with fighting here because the Irish polis are useless and don't give a f**k ha. Ive seen mobs from Hibs, Bury, Millwall, Wrexham, Celtic, Cliftonville, Man City here just for the Derby..  strange behaviour.. never heard of Polish mobs but there is lots of Polish in Dublin so probably just miss a good football fight and join in ha..

No I'm not Fairnie ha

Edited by Bohemian

Load of absolute shite, Motherwell, Celtic and others have all had bigger crowds, 4 days before you’re allowed in nightclubs and at gigs aswell, it’s fucking mental, I dare say an extra few k in the door and we’d have a better chance of qualifying too.

I appear to have been successful in the ballot though which is nice.

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

Load of absolute shite, Motherwell, Celtic and others have all had bigger crowds, 4 days before you’re allowed in nightclubs and at gigs aswell, it’s fucking mental, I dare say an extra few k in the door and we’d have a better chance of qualifying too.

I appear to have been successful in the ballot though which is nice.

Same here. 20367CAF-09DC-4871-AE8F-065809C96714.png.62eadb6f998122843e2ee2ef12abb73e.png